New Market on NEXUS S 4G

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The new market doesn't have a section to browse just NEWLY added apps. It does this "TOP" BS with every category, however scrolling just a few pages down, it ends.. it used to go on and on and on since so many apps are added daily. I liked being able to check things out the moment they hit the market, but now they have to be in a "TOP" category just to be seen, and its the same **** all the time...

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
How do you update your apps. I show an update available for astro file manager but there is no update button. Just open or uninstall?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's what I thought, but there's no update button.
it most likely did all the updating in the background then. go on the market website and go to that app and see what the latest version is and then compare it to what version you have on your phone.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe that it leaves the update at the top to alert you that an update was done. But it should have updated the app already. Check the version number.

LuckyLucky

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Still don't have the update. Weird did you guys do something different too get it?

Some people downloaded the .apk, some people got the pushed update. There were even a few people that uninstalled the Market updates then opened the market app and got the update (a "trick" I tried five times and still don't have the new market).

Then there are people like me who are patiently waiting.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
There's a update button today. That was odd.

This happened to me recently with Google+. It's a known problem with the new market.

I had an update notification in my status bar. When I went to the app in the market there was no update. However, one thing there was to notice: in the market the app still said the same version as the one on my phone; which, is causing the lack of the update button.

I'm not sure why this is happening but after time the versions will change and the update button will appear. It's weird. I don't know if it's the app; or, something on their end as far as pushing out a notification for an update before the version changes in the market.

I don't know though. The old market (Still talking about the same instance here) on the other phone showed the update button and new version.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Also I paid for the add free version of astro, after I did a reset it was no longer in my list of paid apps. Nor could I find it in the market. A few days later it showed back up and it says I have to pay for it again.