so i noticed in the top thread that you are able to manually import profile pics from facebook via friendcaster as per the thread, but ive looked around as for instruction, but havent been able to find anything, and havent been able to figure it out after playing with the app... can someone point me in the right direction? its a lot nicer to see a picture of the person who is calling rather than a bland generic call screen. thanks in advance
    08-02-2011 08:23 AM
    Go into settings and then accounts and sync. Should be there.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    08-02-2011 08:26 AM
    i went into the general settings, and there is sync settings, opened that and there is sync contacts, box is checked and it says its synced, im just guessing that it takes a while for it sync all the contacts?
    08-02-2011 08:34 AM
    Some one had told me it only syncs birthdays and profile pics as of right now. That's all I really wanted anyway. I have phone #s for all my friends, I don't need to sync them from facebook
    08-02-2011 11:42 AM
    Some one had told me it only syncs birthdays and profile pics as of right now. That's all I really wanted anyway. I have phone #s for all my friends, I don't need to sync them from facebook

thats really all im trying to get also, birthdays and profile pics for when people call, but NOTHING has been synced which leads me to wonder what is being synced?
    08-02-2011 11:49 AM
    thats really all im trying to get also, birthdays and profile pics for when people call, but NOTHING has been synced which leads me to wonder what is being synced?
    Do you have the pro version? Works for me on my Transformer
    08-02-2011 12:03 PM
    Do you have the pro version? Works for me on my Transformer

i only have the free version, could that possibly be why?
    08-02-2011 12:10 PM
    i only have the free version, could that possibly be why?
    Possibly. I have the pro version. Maybe check their market pages?
    08-02-2011 12:19 PM
    yea i checked the change logs and it said for v3.10 or whatever it was, they worked out syncing contacts and the free version i had was v3.10.2.1, essentially not the updated version which specifies contact syncing... guess thats it
    08-02-2011 12:22 PM
    I just installed the free version.

Go into your android contacts......display options......go down to the bottom where the Friendcaster profile is listed and hit the dropdown arrow......check All Contacts.....hit done.

does that work?
    08-02-2011 12:53 PM
    I just installed the free version.

Go into your android contacts......display options......go down to the bottom where the Friendcaster profile is listed and hit the dropdown arrow......check All Contacts.....hit done.

does that work?

it did sync all the pics, however it just made new profiles for every single person, the pic didnt sync to the original contact with the same exact name... kinda weird
    08-02-2011 02:21 PM
    it did sync all the pics, however it just made new profiles for every single person, the pic didnt sync to the original contact with the same exact name... kinda weird
    Yeah I saw that too. When I first installed it it only synced with the contacts I already had in my phone, which would be My Contacts in the Gmail web settings page. When I did what I told you to try, I'd say like 90% of them then showed up correctly with a handful having the double entry.
    08-02-2011 02:31 PM
    Friendcaster is limited as many are noting but at least it allows part of the lost Facebook sync features. I am curious to hear if the Pro version does a better sync.

Is is an automatic sync?
    08-02-2011 02:39 PM
    Friendcaster is limited as many are noting but at least it allows part of the lost Facebook sync features. I am curious to hear if the Pro version does a better sync.

Is is an automatic sync?
    With the exception of telling it to sync every FB and not just the ones I already had in my phone, yes, it was automatic.
    08-02-2011 02:41 PM
    I emailed Friendcaster tech support about how it syncs. They said that it syncs at least once a day and it's a low resolution cropped photo. I also asked about "smart name" recognition and they said they'd look at adding that in the next version. Right now your contact name has to match their Facebook name exactly. You can still manually sync contacts that don't automatically connect. They also mentioned that they'd put in a "sync every xx hours" option and an option to sync high resolution, full size photos.
    08-03-2011 03:49 PM
    Right now your contact name has to match their Facebook name exactly.
    That sounds right now that I think about it. The ones I noticed that didn't sync I only had their first name in my contacts list....one girl actually has her name misspelled on Facebook so that explains that one.
    08-03-2011 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD