Nexus S free at Best Buy on 8/3/11

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about this seriously. I am on an EVO 4G and can't root on 2.3.3. A little nervous about coverage though, is there still an issue?

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about this seriously. I am on an EVO 4G and can't root on 2.3.3. A little nervous about coverage though, is there still an issue?

The phone's reception is something I'm a little worried about too. Can someone verify this?

People seem to be getting mixed results. I personally have seen an increase in db and signal bars on all of connectivity types.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

macky

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Didn't fix mine...but its a great phone if u r in an area with good coverage or outside. Drops a bar depending on how u hold it, 2 if u walk in a building, which sucks if u only had 2 bars to begin with...don't mean to be negative it flies if /when u get a good signal

eriaa01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The number of bars showing doesn't seem to accurately reflect the signal strength, at least on my nexus. Compared my signal strength with both an evo shift and moto photon on several occasions and they all were getting about -86 dBm, despite mine showing 1 or 2 less bars.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone who bought the Nexus S less than 30 days ago successfully get Best Buy to refund the the money you paid for the phone?

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone who bought the Nexus S less than 30 days ago successfully get Best Buy to refund the the money you paid for the phone?

I picked one up for my wife a couple of days ago for $99. I went into Best Buy this morning and they refunded the entire amount. Can't beat that deal...hope it's a good phone!

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got a Nexus S on another line. Paid $66 out the door. Great deal for a great phone. Very snappy. My first vanilla Android device and I like it a lot

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Didn't fix mine...but its a great phone if u r in an area with good coverage or outside. Drops a bar depending on how u hold it, 2 if u walk in a building, which sucks if u only had 2 bars to begin with...don't mean to be negative it flies if /when u get a good signal

Guaranteed it fixed your problems. You just need to stop going by bars. You need to go by dbm in the status. Bars are just an estimation... Plus you cannot compare the way it estimates signal to other devices since it has less bars, and estimates the signal in bars differently.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Guaranteed it fixed your problems. You just need to stop going by bars. You need to go by dbm in the status. Bars are just an estimation... Plus you cannot compare the way it estimates signal to other devices since it has less bars, and estimates the signal in bars differently.

My dbm numbers have never changed...up or down.

Sesami

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If you bought the Nexus S at a Sprint store, can you take it back to Best Buy for a refund on the money? Mine was purchased last week as a gift from my boyfriend, but he bought it at the Sprint store near his work and added me onto his plan. He paid $99 for a 2 year contract I think??

ho0lee0h

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site

I caved in and exchanged my EVO for the Nexus S. In my room, my dBm before and after the update was -96/-106. I have always had problems with service in my room though.. The EVO seemed a little better though.