08-07-2011 03:26 PM
35 12
tools
    Any of the 3 versions (ATT, Spring, TMO)

News Release - BBY.com
    08-02-2011 10:31 PM
    I'm thinking about this seriously. I am on an EVO 4G and can't root on 2.3.3. A little nervous about coverage though, is there still an issue?
    08-03-2011 12:19 AM
    Exchanging my EVO 4G (white) for this tomorrow morning! Unless someone wants to convince me to keep the EVO 4G...
    08-03-2011 12:24 AM
    I'm thinking about this seriously. I am on an EVO 4G and can't root on 2.3.3. A little nervous about coverage though, is there still an issue?
    The phone's reception is something I'm a little worried about too. Can someone verify this?
    08-03-2011 12:25 AM
    The phone's reception is something I'm a little worried about too. Can someone verify this?
    People seem to be getting mixed results. I personally have seen an increase in db and signal bars on all of connectivity types.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    08-03-2011 12:26 AM
    GRJ90 fixed any signal issues and network speed issues it had. At least from my testing on about 10 Nexus S's.
    08-03-2011 04:19 AM
    Didn't fix mine...but its a great phone if u r in an area with good coverage or outside. Drops a bar depending on how u hold it, 2 if u walk in a building, which sucks if u only had 2 bars to begin with...don't mean to be negative it flies if /when u get a good signal
    08-03-2011 05:04 AM
    The number of bars showing doesn't seem to accurately reflect the signal strength, at least on my nexus. Compared my signal strength with both an evo shift and moto photon on several occasions and they all were getting about -86 dBm, despite mine showing 1 or 2 less bars.
    08-03-2011 07:15 AM
    I wonder can I get my 50 bucks back

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    08-03-2011 07:15 AM
    I'd love to get in on this, but I've got a year left on my contract. Anyone have any tips for working the Sprint system so I could pull this off?
    08-03-2011 12:42 PM
    I'd love to get in on this, but I've got a year left on my contract. Anyone have any tips for working the Sprint system so I could pull this off?
    I think they've got you. All the resellers are tied into the Sprint system.
    08-03-2011 12:53 PM
    I figured. Worth a shot...
    08-03-2011 01:13 PM
    Did anyone who bought the Nexus S less than 30 days ago successfully get Best Buy to refund the the money you paid for the phone?
    08-03-2011 01:24 PM
    Did anyone who bought the Nexus S less than 30 days ago successfully get Best Buy to refund the the money you paid for the phone?
    I picked one up for my wife a couple of days ago for $99. I went into Best Buy this morning and they refunded the entire amount. Can't beat that deal...hope it's a good phone!
    08-03-2011 01:29 PM
    shouldnt be a problem if u go in there today to get your money back if u still within 30 days
    08-03-2011 01:51 PM
    Just got a Nexus S on another line. Paid $66 out the door. Great deal for a great phone. Very snappy. My first vanilla Android device and I like it a lot
    08-03-2011 02:06 PM
    Didn't fix mine...but its a great phone if u r in an area with good coverage or outside. Drops a bar depending on how u hold it, 2 if u walk in a building, which sucks if u only had 2 bars to begin with...don't mean to be negative it flies if /when u get a good signal
    Guaranteed it fixed your problems. You just need to stop going by bars. You need to go by dbm in the status. Bars are just an estimation... Plus you cannot compare the way it estimates signal to other devices since it has less bars, and estimates the signal in bars differently.
    08-03-2011 02:53 PM
    Guaranteed it fixed your problems. You just need to stop going by bars. You need to go by dbm in the status. Bars are just an estimation... Plus you cannot compare the way it estimates signal to other devices since it has less bars, and estimates the signal in bars differently.
    My dbm numbers have never changed...up or down.
    08-03-2011 03:00 PM
    If you bought the Nexus S at a Sprint store, can you take it back to Best Buy for a refund on the money? Mine was purchased last week as a gift from my boyfriend, but he bought it at the Sprint store near his work and added me onto his plan. He paid $99 for a 2 year contract I think??
    08-03-2011 04:57 PM
    I caved in and exchanged my EVO for the Nexus S. In my room, my dBm before and after the update was -96/-106. I have always had problems with service in my room though.. The EVO seemed a little better though.
    08-03-2011 05:38 PM
    If you bought the Nexus S at a Sprint store, can you take it back to Best Buy for a refund on the money? Mine was purchased last week as a gift from my boyfriend, but he bought it at the Sprint store near his work and added me onto his plan. He paid $99 for a 2 year contract I think??
    As long as you are within your thirty days you can return the device to sprint for a refund.You cannot return the phone to best buy if you bought it from sprint. Just head to sprint then make a pit stop to best buy.
    08-03-2011 06:17 PM
    As long as you are within your thirty days you can return the device to sprint for a refund.You cannot return the phone to best buy if you bought it from sprint. Just head to sprint then make a pit stop to best buy.
    Sprint has a $35 restocking fee though if you upgraded and didn't buy the phone as a new customer.
    08-04-2011 02:05 AM
    I went to Best Buy yesterday and upgraded one of my other lines to it. they were out of the phone so they ordered it to be shipped, and it is already out for delivery this morning for me :-). I will be trying it out to see if I like it better than the Epic I have now. If I like it I will switch it over to my line, If not then I will probably sell it, as the line I upgraded is a home line that only needs a basic phone.
    08-04-2011 08:46 AM
    I'm an Evo 4g owner but my girlfriend just upgraded from a BB to the Nexus S yesterday. I must say I'm a tad bit jealous, I love the phone so far.
    08-04-2011 10:45 AM
    This deal ($0 at BB) is only for new customer right? An upgrade for an existing line is still $99? Just upgraded from the Evo Shift couple of days ago for $99.
    08-04-2011 11:53 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD