Reading through the forums I've come to the conclusion that if 2.3.5 seems to have crapped all over your phone then a hard reset is your only hope. That's all well and good, but I'm SICK of resetting my phone. As "great and awesome" as Android is at backing things up, I run alternative UI, dialer, SMS app, and have a truckload of apps with app data that I'm going to have to set back up.

I know Astro will back up APK files, but is there anything out there that will restore app data? In past experience when I install from backed up APK files, the other issue was the Marketplace didn't know I had the apps installed and therefore the auto-updates didn't seem to work. Any solutions?

Man it sucks that I just got this thing set perfectly and Sprint / Google / Samsung drops this turd of an update on me.

Sorry for the frustration
    08-04-2011 02:12 AM
    Out of 10 I have updated, none of them have problems from the update. Guess you just have something that is causing it with the new version.
    08-04-2011 05:34 AM
    To my knowledge most of the updates helped or did nothing...

From Nexus with love
    08-04-2011 06:14 AM
    Get Rooted and buy Titanium backup. It back up all apps, app data, system data, and many other things. It was made so that root users, after flashing a new ROM, could easily restore all of their old apps.
    08-04-2011 06:15 AM
    Interesting, after the update my 3G will just vanish. Doesn't say roaming, doesn't say... anything. My data connectivity goes away, and until I reset the phone and update the profile I've got nothing.

I may go the rooted and Titanium backup option. I'm out of luck this time around, but if it means easy resetting in the future I'm all for it.
    08-04-2011 02:56 PM
    i just root and use mybackuproot b/c its free and one click install and done. BUT if you are restoring from another phone not the same device then you need to use mybackpro which is something you have to pay for.
    macky likes this.
    08-04-2011 03:31 PM
    Interesting, after the update my 3G will just vanish. Doesn't say roaming, doesn't say... anything. My data connectivity goes away, and until I reset the phone and update the profile I've got nothing.

I may go the rooted and Titanium backup option. I'm out of luck this time around, but if it means easy resetting in the future I'm all for it.
    Sounds like a software hiccup with maybe something in the file system. I'm positive a hard reset will resolve the problem.
    08-04-2011 04:14 PM
    i just root and use mybackuproot b/c its free and one click install and done. BUT if you are restoring from another phone not the same device then you need to use mybackpro which is something you have to pay for.
    im new to all of this, but id like to see if the hard reset speeds things up on my phone. can anyone help me out. seems like i need to install mybackuproot. then follow the steps in the one click root thread. then run the app and ill be able to select what i want to backup(mainly hbogo, my angry birds stars, pics and handcent messages). then where does it save to, i thought this phone only has internal memory that is gonna get wiped out when i reset???
    08-04-2011 08:44 PM
    Yeah, after my update, I had complete crap data speeds, getting like a quarter of a Mbit down, and less up. I factory reset after the update install, and it was still crap. Then I installed the KE5 radio firmware, that seems to have me back in business, peaking at 1.5 Mbit down, and about 0.9 up
    08-04-2011 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD