09-15-2011 01:07 PM
39 12
tools
    All I know is that both my dogs have "chips" in them. I've seen the Vet scan Otis & Vinny with success, so I would think I would be able to scan them also. I just have to figure out where the chip is inserted.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.
    08-06-2011 02:36 PM
    All I know is that both my dogs have "chips" in them. I've seen the Vet scan Otis & Vinny with success, so I would think I would be able to scan them also. I just have to figure out where the chip is inserted.

I'm not home right so I can't test my dog to see if I can get it. (You spoke of your pets as if I knew them, lol).

You checked between the shoulders behind the next? I think that's where they typically put them.

I'll have to wait for my dog to calm down and go to bed before I check. When I get home she likes to run around and gets too excited. Doesn't like to sit still. Not even a year old yet.
    08-06-2011 02:46 PM
    I just read something about the chips. Said they aren't powered. And the scanner sends them an electrical signal to give them quick power to send information. Maybe that's what's getting messed up here with the dogs. Lol
    08-06-2011 09:36 PM
    Well, it was fun trying!

08-06-2011 09:43 PM
    It's not like the RFID stickers are powered.

None of my current dogs have a chip or else I'd be trying this like a jackass.
    HighLife#AC likes this.
    08-06-2011 10:22 PM
    It's not like the RFID stickers are powered.

None of my current dogs have a chip or else I'd be trying this like a jackass.
    Figured. But aren't the chips larger. Use more power? I'm not sure how all this works. I'm gonna look into it more in a technical stand point when I get a chance.
    08-07-2011 12:00 AM
    I tried it on a buddy's dog that's chipped and nothing worked.
    08-07-2011 12:35 AM
    The scanners they use probably output more power to the chip than our phones emit. Would be awesome if it would work. Not that you'd get any information but numbers. Should use a lower energy needing chip that just give you contact info read from it. Instead of a number linked to a database that records the contact off the is number. Would be useful if you four a dog and could scan for contact with your phone. Cut out the middle men.
    08-07-2011 12:40 AM
    The Google+ app is nfc enabled. Write a plain text to a nfc card or sticker, tap to phone. #magical
    08-07-2011 01:01 AM
    The Google+ app is nfc enabled. Write a plain text to a nfc card or sticker, tap to phone. #magical
    Yea..I'm not really sure why this automatically does this. Noticed it today.
    08-07-2011 01:05 AM
    Yes and market is moving fast in the development space. Europe is somewhat ahead on this.
    09-14-2011 08:36 AM
    You know those Google Places things in restaurant windows? With the big red Google-Maps-looking "flag" thingie with the black dot in the middle? Those have chips in 'em. Hold your Nexus S up to one of 'em. Make sure NFC is enabled, and make sure your screen is on. (Doesn't work when the screen's off.)
    It's magical. Opens up the Google Places page for that restaurant in your browser, so you can read the reviews before actually walking into the restaurant. Yay, technology!
    09-14-2011 11:43 AM
    When the fun and games are over, check this out. I use it multiple times a day and love it....

[APP] 8/26 NFC Task Launcher - 2.14.0 Released - xda-developers
    09-14-2011 03:26 PM
    NFC seems to work for me. I get an instant response after I scan my Paypal security card. Took me several minutes to figure out why the hell my phone was beeping when I had it close to my wallet! lol
    09-15-2011 01:07 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD