NS4G Random reboot?

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I was opening a IHT article via the IHT app, and my phone just rebooted. I've had the latest OTA update for over a week. The settings phone status said the uptime was 38 minutes immediately after the reboot, which makes no sense.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was opening a IHT article via the IHT app, and my phone just rebooted. I've had the latest OTA update for over a week. The settings phone status said the uptime was 38 minutes immediately after the reboot, which makes no sense.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

It happened once to me last week opening Google Reader. Was weird. Has happened twice since I've had the phone since launch. I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps doing it. And if it does, look for a pattern. Just a fluke I think. Probably has something to do with what you were doing.

redball

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just had one two days ago on a phone call it rebooted took 4 seconds on the nexus boot logo and was back up. What I notice it wasn't really reboot because it did not say prepping sd card and checking for errors. I'm also on 2.3.5 OTA.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just had one two days ago on a phone call it rebooted took 4 seconds on the nexus boot logo and was back up. What I notice it wasn't really reboot because it did not say prepping sd card and checking for errors. I'm also on 2.3.5 OTA.

Yea, I noticed that too. Quick and not checking the SD card.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have had them since I got the phone. I haven't been able to trace it back to any single app or process. It happens every couple of days, but it hasn't been that big of a deal for me. At least not big enough for me to hard reset and reload apps one at a time to track it down.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had them since I got the phone. I haven't been able to trace it back to any single app or process. It happens every couple of days, but it hasn't been that big of a deal for me. At least not big enough for me to hard reset and reload apps one at a time to track it down.

If my phone randomly rebooted itself every coupe of days I'd try everything I could to stop it; and, if that failed (Since you said since you got it) I would have returned it and never gotten another Android device since I despised my Epic.

I'm talking this has happened 3 times in all since I got the phone. Once was completely random and never happened again. Then, after the update I've gotten 2 so far. All in the same week. But as of now. It hasn't done it again. So I think it was just a fluke.