How to set up G Voice? It says my Sprint # is my G Voice Number

roidcentral

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I already have a Google Voice number that I want to use. When I login to the Google Voice app, it doesn't display my Sprint Number, it displays someother number that I don't recognize. I login to Google Voice online it won't let me add my Sprint Number as a forwarding number because it says that it can not forward to another Google Voice Number.

Does the Google Voice app integration with Sprint automatically take the Sprint Number and make it a Google Voice Number? I don't know what the Google Voice integration is suppose to do.

I thought that I can dial out from my Nexus with either displaying my Sprint Number of Google Voice Number.:confused:

roidcentral

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to set up G Voice? It says my Sprint # is my G Voice Numb

I figured out what my problem was. My cell number was claimed by my other google account, which was why I could not add it. I had to login to the other google account and delete the number, which then "freed" the number and let me add it to the first account. I was then able to follow option B in the other thread.

Thanks chud

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Sorry I didn't go into more detail. I couldn't at the time but knew your answer was in that recent thread. Glad you figured it out though.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I didn't go into more detail. I couldn't at the time but knew your answer was in that recent thread. Glad you figured it out though.

I can't keep up with all these gv threads lol. I tried to start a post to get stickied a long time ago. For people having problems questions and tips. It didn't pick up.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

If an android central person wants me to write something up I'll do it upon request when I have the time. Maybe some front page time? ;)

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If an android central person wants me to write something up I'll do it upon request when I have the time. Maybe some front page time? ;)

I think this is a great idea. While at it, a Nexus S vs (insert phone model) would be great too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac