Should I wait or get this?

dwh1996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If I wait till Christmas I can get any phone I want which will be the epic 4g touch or next month my contract is up and my limit is $100 so I could get the nexus s 4g. So basically, is a 5 month wait worth dual core?

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I would say wait. And if you want the pure Google experience get the Nexus Prime. I'm a little mad I didn't hold out 6 months for it (obviously assuming its coming to Sprint)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I would say wait. And if you want the pure Google experience get the Nexus Prime. I'm a little mad I didn't hold out 6 months for it (obviously assuming its coming to Sprint)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

It's a good chance it would... I guess... but I have a feeling it won't at first. And you might have to wait till next Spring. ;).

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It'll be Samsung again, given the Super AMOLED HD screen.

No clue if it'll be on Sprint in the fall or spring

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus-Three or Prime whatever it's called will be the one phone to rule then all :cool: :D

Running the new Android update "Ice Cream" which is supposedly the biggest update to the Android OS in history, and rumored to be running a new HD Super AMOLED+ screen, dual cores, highest RAM on a phone to date, etc...

I don't see any phone topping the Nexus-Prime well into Summer 2012, the Galaxy S3 will beat it, but that's not due out until at least May of next year, so the new Nexus will be top dog for awhile. iPhone5 LOL yeah ok, not.

But if you need a new phone right now today, the Nexus-S is a very nice phone, I still think as of August 2011, the N-S is the top phone for the U.S. market in my opinion, spec's wise it is a little behind, but don't let the single core fool you, it is still a very capable phone. But if you willing to wait, get the next Nexus.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus-Three or Prime whatever it's called will be the one phone to rule then all :cool: :D

Running the new Android update "Ice Cream" which is supposedly the biggest update to the Android OS in history, and rumored to be running a new HD Super AMOLED+ screen, dual cores, highest RAM on a phone to date, etc...

I don't see any phone topping the Nexus-Prime well into Summer 2012, the Galaxy S3 will beat it, but that's not due out until at least May of next year, so the new Nexus will be top dog for awhile. iPhone5 LOL yeah ok, not.

But if you need a new phone right now today, the Nexus-S is a very nice phone, I still think as of August 2011, the N-S is the top phone for the U.S. market in my opinion, spec's wise it is a little behind, but don't let the single core fool you, it is still a very capable phone. But if you willing to wait, get the next Nexus.

Specs don't mean much as everyone running around with a Dual core isn't even using it. It's all about the features of the software which the Nexus has; and, has the perfect hardware to do so; as, the others aren't even utilizing what they have to the max. And, when they are: the Nexus will have just as good or better hardware when it comes out and will use it even more efficiently with Vanilla android.

Yea, the GS3 will top it; but, it just foreshadows what's coming for the next nexus if they keep using Samsung. (Which I hope they do. Excellent hardware; terrible software from them.)

So yes, if you REALLY can't wait (Meaning you had an Epic like I did and couldn't ;)) then yes get it. If you can wait... wait it out. See where the Nexus is going first to. I know if Verizon has it and it's LTE I'm saying good bye to sprint. I'm sick of waiting for Sprint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome