Looks like a early build but personally I like the new blue color, looks smooth too, and is that a multitasking button in the corner?

http://www.androidcentral.com/first-...style_mobile=0

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    08-11-2011 05:19 PM
    Why does the launcher look like Touchwiz? And why is the power control still green when things are clearly blue? I'm disappointed. It's not jaw dropping UI change. It does look sleeker though. But in that Touchwiz way.
    08-11-2011 05:33 PM
    I don't know.. I'm not impressed.... hopefully the features make up for it.
    08-11-2011 05:38 PM
    How are they going to bring all devices together with this? Are they going to bring facial recognition?

08-11-2011 05:41 PM
    I posted too soon. Let me revise my comments:

I think (hope) it's a fake. It LOOKS like it IS a new version of Touchwiz. Or a theme someone made to look like touchwiz. Why is a new OS running GB widgets? Doesn't make sense. The blue... the bottom bar with the "crystal" backdrop. That's touchwiz.

It doesn't even look CLOSE to honeycomb. And as they say it's supposed to tie them together and make them all one OS... how is this better than the Honeycomb UI....

I don't buy it. And if it is. This will be the biggest upset in history of Google. Big miss sell on what ICS was supposed to be. "Biggest Change" to Android...... Touchwiz. Nope. Garbage. I don't believe it.

And, if it is.... I'm going to switch to WP7 in spite.
    08-11-2011 05:49 PM
    AND! Further more: shouldn't the UI design look like the UI design from the Market go hand and hand.... you can tell the market was designed by the same person who design honeycomb.. and that ui looks like old samsung design.
    08-11-2011 06:22 PM
    I would have been more convinced if they used the Honeycomb theme with Go launcher instead. WHICH! May I add: Awesome!!!. Just clashes with all the green everywhere. If you were rooted and had blue everywhere..... would be perfect.
    08-11-2011 06:36 PM
    And why is the power control still green when things are clearly blue? I'm disappointed.
    IMO, I'm kinda thinking it's fake. The green indicator bar on the power widget instead of blue seems like this is more of theme rather than ICS. Google would address the color change of a stock widget, custom themes might miss minor details like that. Just my opinion.
    08-11-2011 06:51 PM
    I'm a bit skeptic at this point. Build numbers and data in the About Phone section can be easily changed by modifying the build.prop to say whatever you want it to say.

The blue icons and other little things can be changed literally in minutes by a few quick Photoshop or Gimp edits to those ".png" and ".9.png" files.

I guess this could be real but at the same time this could easily be faked.
    08-11-2011 06:55 PM
    IMO, I'm kinda thinking it's fake. The green indicator bar on the power widget instead of blue seems like this is more of theme rather than ICS. Google would address the color change of a stock widget, custom themes might miss minor details like that. Just my opinion.
    My first two posts were premature. I'm on the fake boat. It doesn't add up. None of it. The colors, the design, the build, the fact it looks like Touchwiz and looks nothing like the Honeycomb design/ made by the same designer that made the market... why would our market have a clearly new look that clashes with what they are claiming to be ICS?

It's fake. I stand by that. There is no way that's ICS. And like I said: if it is: I'm jumping ship just on the pure principle of the matter. Devolution. The all the Nextel iDen HTC DEVO 1x with low resolution green and black display. Play your .midi files and snake.
    08-11-2011 07:16 PM
    Add me as another skeptic. Honeycomb is on the .38 kernel version and I'd think Google would at least match that. But then again its still being developed.

Either way it looks like CM7 with the cyanbread theme too me

08-11-2011 07:32 PM
    08-11-2011 07:46 PM
    It could be true but its on a
    08-11-2011 07:51 PM
    It's an early build.

Even Windows 7 looked EXACTLY like Windows Vista before Microsoft changed it in the public beta.

There's no reason to think this would be fake based on the looks alone. Remember, early build and it's probably based on Gingerbread right now.
    08-11-2011 07:53 PM
    It's an early build.

Even Windows 7 looked EXACTLY like Windows Vista before Microsoft changed it in the public beta.

There's no reason to think this would be fake based on the looks alone. Remember, early build and it's probably based on Gingerbread right now.
    Hmmm. When you put it that way it could be true. Making the background changes first. But it still looks like that this far in? I mean, we do technically have 4 months to deadline; but, is 4 months enough time to not be already looking like ICS...

All I know is that THAT is not what ICS is going to look like.
    08-11-2011 07:57 PM
    Hmmm. When you put it that way it could be true. Making the background changes first. But it still looks like that this far in? I mean, we do technically have 4 months to deadline; but, is 4 months enough time to not be already looking like ICS...

All I know is that THAT is not what ICS is going to look like.
    Of course this isn't going to be what it looks like. That would be really REALLY upsetting considering the promises Google has made.

There's no guarantee when ICS will release. There's talk of October will release the ICS Nexus to compete with iOS 5 but when would Nexus S receive the update? If it's anything like Gingerbread, Nexus S would get it 2 - 3 months later like Nexus One got GB when Nexus S released.
    08-11-2011 08:01 PM
    Of course this isn't going to be what it looks like. That would be really REALLY upsetting considering the promises Google has made.

There's no guarantee when ICS will release. There's talk of October will release the ICS Nexus to compete with iOS 5 but when would Nexus S receive the update? If it's anything like Gingerbread, Nexus S would get it 2 - 3 months later like Nexus One got GB when Nexus S released.
    One of the main points that Google made with ICS, was to create a unified ecosystem with all Android devices. Including Google TV, tablets and phones. So this would not be a disappoint at all. Takes a lot of building to get all these to tie in together. Your some what correct that we don't have a guaranteed date, but we do know it's between October and end of December. Like it has been the last two years with the Nexus line.

Compete with iOS 5? You mean all the old features they are touting at revolutionary again? Things GB already has, and has had since release of it.
    08-11-2011 10:34 PM
    One of the main points that Google made with ICS, was to create a unified ecosystem with all Android devices. Including Google TV, tablets and phones. So this would not be a disappoint at all. Takes a lot of building to get all these to tie in together. Your some what correct that we don't have a guaranteed date, but we do know it's between October and end of December. Like it has been the last two years with the Nexus line.

Compete with iOS 5? You mean all the old features they are touting at revolutionary again? Things GB already has, and has had since release of it.
    This look would be disappointing to many, the features aren't the issue here because we simply don't know what they are (not that we know what the final ICS will look like anyway). There's always a chance this could run over into the start of next year, but what with competition (Apple) pushing iOS 5 in October, we MAY see it in then.

Yes, it would have to compete with iOS 5. It's normal for Google to want to push the phone out early. Besides, they pushed GB out early to compete with iOS 4, some of GB's intended changes are in ICS. If they push ICS out early, some things may be left for another release.
    08-11-2011 11:14 PM
    This look would be disappointing to many, the features aren't the issue here because we simply don't know what they are (not that we know what the final ICS will look like anyway). There's always a chance this could run over into the start of next year, but what with competition (Apple) pushing iOS 5 in October, we MAY see it in then.

Yes, it would have to compete with iOS 5. It's normal for Google to want to push the phone out early. Besides, they pushed GB out early to compete with iOS 4, some of GB's intended changes are in ICS. If they push ICS out early, some things may be left for another release.
    No GB was not pushed out early to compete with iOS 4. Apple released iOS 4 on June 21, 2010, three days before the iPhone 4. GB and the Nexus S did not come out until December 2010. So that statement is far from correct. That was almost 6 months after iOS 4 released.
    08-11-2011 11:57 PM
    No GB was not pushed out early to compete with iOS 4. Apple released iOS 4 on June 21, 2010, three days before the iPhone 4. GB and the Nexus S did not come out until December 2010. So that statement is far from correct. That was almost 6 months after iOS 4 released.
    That doesn't go with what was said during Google I/O about GB being pushed out early. It may have not been to compete with iOS 4, but it WAS pushed early.

Either way, ICS would be pushed early to compete with iOS 5 if it released in October 2011 when it's not REALLY expected until around November if you go by what was said during I/O.
    08-12-2011 12:13 AM
    That doesn't go with what was said during Google I/O about GB being pushed out early. It may have not been to compete with iOS 4, but it WAS pushed early.

Either way, ICS would be pushed early to compete with iOS 5 if it released in October 2011 when it's not REALLY expected until around November if you go by what was said during I/O.
    They mentioned nothing about GB being pushed to compete with iOS 4. Obviously the release dates also prove that. I mean GB came out 6 months after iOS 4 did. So if you call that being pushed early...? Then okay lol! I also don't recall them mentioning it was pushed early either. You saying ICS will be pushed early to compete with iOS 5 is strictly your opinion, and that's just it. Your opinion... Because ICS was talked about before iOS 5 was. Google released GB at about the same year ending schedule and will stick to that with ICS.

At least by taking all the information we have currently, it seems Apple is trying to put out iOS 5 before ICS to compete with Google. Being that iOS 5 will release before ICS will.
    08-12-2011 03:18 AM
    They mentioned nothing about GB being pushed to compete with iOS 4. Obviously the release dates also prove that. I mean GB came out 6 months after iOS 4 did. So if you call that being pushed early...? Then okay lol! I also don't recall them mentioning it was pushed early either. You saying ICS will be pushed early to compete with iOS 5 is strictly your opinion, and that's just it. Your opinion... Because ICS was talked about before iOS 5 was. Google released GB at about the same year ending schedule and will stick to that with ICS.

At least by taking all the information we have currently, it seems Apple is trying to put out iOS 5 before ICS to compete with Google. Being that iOS 5 will release before ICS will.
    Actually, no it's not "strictly my opinion". If you actually did read around (which I doubt because you would know this), you'd notice that there's talk of iOS 5 releasing in October and if the rumor of Google releasing the ICS Nexus releasing in October as well is true, then they would release at the same time.

Just because ICS was talked about before iOS 5 doesn't really mean anything and schedules can always change and do change.
    08-12-2011 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD