Text messages all screwed up after sending ?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am running Oxygen 2.2.1 w/ Matr1x 5.5 not sure if this is the problem, or I don;t have settings right ?

I am using the standard messaging app, well it is a black colored apk from XDA, but said to be the stock messaging app, just with colors reversed, it is all black with white letters. Anyways, when sending longer texts people are complaining it looks totally scrambled like ##!!@@ >>>>>***###>>>@@@&&***>>>

What's up with that ?

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I had the same problem right when I downloaded handcent...

I figured out it's because the nexus s 4g isn't meant to send texts over 160 characters into 1 text, it's supposed to split them up into separate texts. If it tries sending it in 1 text it comes out as boxes and symbols and stuff for whatever reason.

I'm not sure what he modded to the messenger, but to fix mine I opened up the messenger, hit menu--> settings-->sent notification settings--->split 160---> and then i clicked the option to make the messeges split and added counter (so when it sends it will say 1/3, 2/3, etc.)

Should definitely work, if it doesn't let me know

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I had the same problem right when I downloaded handcent...

I figured out it's because the nexus s 4g isn't meant to send texts over 160 characters into 1 text, it's supposed to split them up into separate texts. If it tries sending it in 1 text it comes out as boxes and symbols and stuff for whatever reason.

I'm not sure what he modded to the messenger, but to fix mine I opened up the messenger, hit menu--> settings-->sent notification settings--->split 160---> and then i clicked the option to make the messeges split and added counter (so when it sends it will say 1/3, 2/3, etc.)

Should definitely work, if it doesn't let me know

Thank you, I looked in the settings menu, and figured it out, did the same thing, it sounded pretty obvious in those settings. New long messages I sent showed up split 1 and 2.