Is anyone really happy with the browser situation? I have the Dolphin and stock browsers, and neither seem to work as well as I would expect from an OS built by the maker of the Chrome desktop browser.

Is there a better browser replacement? I used my wife's Pre this weekend, and the browser is so much better on webOS than on Android. I just don't understand why that is. I was searching for stuff, and being able to "Just Type" again was refreshing. I often have a frustrating time just getting the browser to the point where I can type a search term on the Nexus.

Any ideas?
    08-15-2011 01:38 PM
    I just use the stock browser; as, every browser in the market has it's short comings. So, instead of having 2 installed I just use stock.

Dolphin is really good. The UI is nice; but, it's still not perfect. I prefer it over Skyfire. Opera has the best load times, smoothest scrolling, and best text wrap feature out there. However, the browser sucks as far as how it displays webpages and doesn't have flash or html5. So even going to the Google mobile site is 1993ish.

My suggestion. Just stay stock. The only benefits that dolphin gave me besides UI: quick and easy Mobile to Desktop UA String. (Skyfire is actually quicker). But, honestly. If I really need it and there's no link on the side: Address bar - About:debug - Settings - UAstring - Switch from Android to Desktop (With other options).
    08-15-2011 01:49 PM
    I use xscope now that its free again.

From Nexus with love
    DeathsArrow likes this.
    08-15-2011 04:10 PM
    I use xscope now that its free again.

From Nexus with love
    Didn't know Xscope was free again. Off to the market.....
    08-15-2011 04:12 PM
    I just gave it a run for a couple of minutes. Wasn't very smooth for me. I think Dolphin is smoother.
    08-15-2011 04:22 PM
    Xscope is a really nice browser
    08-15-2011 06:39 PM
    I have a thing about not having programs with duplicate functionality, so I just use the stock browser - it seems to meet my needs.
    08-15-2011 08:29 PM
    Xscope looks pretty good! Renders much faster than stock or Dolphin for me...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    08-15-2011 09:18 PM
    I have a thing about not having programs with duplicate functionality, so I just use the stock browser - it seems to meet my needs.
    If I add an app to replace a stock one I remove the stock one works nice that way

From Nexus with love
    08-16-2011 09:19 AM
    I've been using Dolphin HD for about 3 weeks and I have to say that I've fallen in love. I use the gesture feature constantly and it seems like it does text wrapping better than stock (although it's still nowhere as good as what I've seen on the Evo or evo 3d- why is that?)

08-16-2011 09:25 AM
    I just use the stock browser; as, every browser in the market has it's short comings. So, instead of having 2 installed I just use stock.

Dolphin is really good. The UI is nice; but, it's still not perfect. I prefer it over Skyfire. Opera has the best load times, smoothest scrolling, and best text wrap feature out there. However, the browser sucks as far as how it displays webpages and doesn't have flash or html5. So even going to the Google mobile site is 1993ish.

My suggestion. Just stay stock. The only benefits that dolphin gave me besides UI: quick and easy Mobile to Desktop UA String. (Skyfire is actually quicker). But, honestly. If I really need it and there's no link on the side: Address bar - About:debug - Settings - UAstring - Switch from Android to Desktop (With other options).
    What do you mean Opera doesn't have flash? I downloaded flash from the market, and I have Opera set up to show flash content on demand. It works fine for me.
    08-16-2011 10:08 AM
    What do you mean Opera doesn't have flash? I downloaded flash from the market, and I have Opera set up to show flash content on demand. It works fine for me.
    Hmm, either:

1) I forgot they added flash
    2) The last time I used it they didn't.

But how does your mobile Google page display? Because if it's the new look and has everything the way it should be... I'm gonna give it a try again.
    08-16-2011 10:13 AM
    Xscope very fast

08-16-2011 09:42 PM
    Tried Dolphin and Opera... kept Opera. The stock browser performs horribly.
    08-16-2011 11:09 PM
    can someone tell me why the Google mobile pages on opera don't display right. even when its on desktop it loads that same horrid page.
    08-17-2011 12:41 AM
    I just updated Firefox mobile to version 6, it's a lot smoother than version 5.
    08-17-2011 07:40 AM
    I just updated Firefox mobile to version 6, it's a lot smoother than version 5.
    O yea, thanks for the reminder. Forgot to give that a shot yesterday. I don't have high hopes for it though. So long, such little.
    08-17-2011 12:03 PM
    O god. 15mb.
    08-17-2011 12:06 PM
    Definitely smoother. Good progress; but, not on the time frame they've been working on. Way too long. Should have been this at first if not weeks after first.

It's still slow as hell. DELETE.
    08-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Boat browser mini.

08-18-2011 10:08 AM
    I've tried all the majors and I keep coming back to Opera. It doesn't seem to like my Tumblr dashboard (keeps stop/start loading the page)...but otherwise it does its job well.
    08-18-2011 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD