Nexus S 4G Wins Blind Camera Shootout

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
...Right now I'm contempt with the Nexus; but, the only real thing I want more is HDMI. So, that said: my next purchase for a new phone with HDMI will most likely be dual core; and, if it's a Nexus with LTE. I'll be good for now. lol. (Even if it doesn't have my 10mp camera. :()

You crack me man, we are so much alike when it comes to tech and research... I am most definitely with you on the Nexus LTE (or Prime), I am truly looking forward to it having all the bells and whistles and becoming THE phone to have... even if it has a 10MP camera... :cool:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You crack me man, we are so much alike when it comes to tech and research... I am most definitely with you on the Nexus LTE (or Prime), I am truly looking forward to it having all the bells and whistles and becoming THE phone to have... even if it has a 10MP camera... :cool:

The next phone I buy I want to forget about for little bit. Don't want to get on stuck on a dead network. The HDMI thing isn't bothering me right now because I can plug into the xbox to watch movies I have on my phone. But would like the HDMI for anything else like if I were to be somewhere not at home and wanted to watch Netflix.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The next phone I buy I want to forget about for little bit. Don't want to get on stuck on a dead network. The HDMI thing isn't bothering me right now because I can plug into the xbox to watch movies I have on my phone. But would like the HDMI for anything else like if I were to be somewhere not at home and wanted to watch Netflix.

Hope they make the HDMI user accessible in a way you won't need to root and go through hoops just to send a movie to an external monitor - a la EVO 4G!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hope they make the HDMI user accessible in a way you won't need to root and go through hoops just to send a movie to an external monitor - a la EVO 4G!

Yea. I feel like they won't though due to DRM or something.

My question I've been asking (Since you here and sorry to the dude who posted this thread, ha) myself; but, have not looked into (Mainly because I Can't remember what the hell it's called):

The open application or whatever it's called that allowed 2.3.4 devices to plug things into USB and have hardware work with apps that were programmed for them: wouldn't it be possible to create an app that would turn the USB port into an HDMI out port (Obviously having the correct wire) or am I missing the how it works exactly? If I can send a movie file through USB to my computer why can't I "stream" the video through to a TV?

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yea. I feel like they won't though due to DRM or something.

My question I've been asking (Since you here and sorry to the dude who posted this thread, ha) myself; but, have not looked into (Mainly because I Can't remember what the hell it's called):

The open application or whatever it's called that allowed 2.3.4 devices to plug things into USB and have hardware work with apps that were programmed for them: wouldn't it be possible to create an app that would turn the USB port into an HDMI out port (Obviously having the correct wire) or am I missing the how it works exactly?

Interesting question... quite frankly I don't have an answer for that one but I do remember a phone that used the microUSB port for dual HDMI duty - was it the Epic? - so if what I remember is correct, then it may be possible. Need to look at a pin drawing of an HDMI connector to be sure.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer