Sprint and Swype

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Swype | Text Input for Screens

Sprint Community: Announcements: Sprint Nexus S 4G Now Offers an Additional Way to Enter Text with Custom Swype Build

Sprint has partnered with Swype to bring an exclusive offer to their customers with the Nexus S? 4G!

Download Swype now for your Nexus S? 4G with Sprint

Here are the details:
Get the latest update to Swype on the Nexus S? 4G
featuring a custom skin, Tap Correction,
Horizontal Word Choice List, personal dictionary
management, and shortcut gestures
Choose between our original Swype keyboard and
a new, sleek custom keyboard.

Reactions: hjstod

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Swype | Text Input for Screens

Sprint Community: Announcements: Sprint Nexus S 4G Now Offers an Additional Way to Enter Text with Custom Swype Build

Sprint has partnered with Swype to bring an exclusive offer to their customers with the Nexus S? 4G!

Download Swype now for your Nexus S? 4G with Sprint

Here are the details:
Get the latest update to Swype on the Nexus S? 4G
featuring a custom skin, Tap Correction,
Horizontal Word Choice List, personal dictionary
management, and shortcut gestures
Choose between our original Swype keyboard and
a new, sleek custom keyboard.

I was hoping that it was a gingerbread looking kind, since, it was for the Nexus. However, I really like the new "Sprint" skin. It will look excellent with ICS. Assuming it's Honeycomb looking.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I guess I should actually try it since I started the thread.

Where are the skin settings?

It's added in the regular keyboard settings. I think it says theme. I don't remember. Haha, I deleted it. I really like the skin though. Too bad you can't turn Swype off and just use it as a regular keyboard.

I got use to not using Swype. It frustrates me. Raises the blood pressure. I DIDNT TYPE Guatemala DAMN IT! It's like the typing version of voice to text.

Reactions: chud

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been on beta forever. And yes, the words screw up, but no worse than me trying to type
without my glasses!!
Anyway, I sent a request for this, but what is different than Beta, meaning do I need to download
when I get an email back????

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
It's added in the regular keyboard settings. I think it says theme. I don't remember. Haha, I deleted it. I really like the skin though. Too bad you can't turn Swype off and just use it as a regular keyboard.

I got use to not using Swype. It frustrates me. Raises the blood pressure. I DIDNT TYPE Guatemala DAMN IT! It's like the typing version of voice to text.

just turn off auto correct, itll still show suggestions but it wont automatically select that word. ive been using swype from years. once you actually go through the tutorial makes it much easier to use. i wont use any other keyboard now.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
just turn off auto correct, itll still show suggestions but it wont automatically select that word. ive been using swype from years. once you actually go through the tutorial makes it much easier to use. i wont use any other keyboard now.

It was the only keyboard I used on my Epic. I never even used the physical keyboard. I've messed with every setting in there. I gave up and started using the GB keyboard when I got this phone and got use to it. I don't think I make any less mistakes; but, I find it easier/quicker to fix them. If the keys were bigger I'd love it.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Re: Swype Now Available for Nexus S 4G users

If any one is interested or may have missed this morning's posting on AC, Swype is available for Nexus S 4G users.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-gives-nexus-s-4g-owners-first-dibs-newest-version-swype

Your post title is not descriptive enough. People aren't going to click it. What you need to tell them is there's new features in this special swype download:

1. You can now swype from the "ctrl" key to "c", "a", "v", "x" for the commands: copy, select-all, paste, cut

2. There's also sype commands for google maps (do swype ctrl-to-"a" to select your typed text, then swype ctrl-to"g"-to-"m" and it opens that in google maps)

3. And swype command for twitter

4. Also you can now add words to dictionary directly by going to settings-dictionary and then clicking the "+" button and adding a bunch of words.

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this today and like it very much. I paid for Swift Key X, and I got so frustrated with it, I ended up turning it off and going back to the stock keyboard.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I had the Beta installed, and this doesn't appear to be any different. Still rocks though!

That's because it doesn't actually install it unless you first uninstall BOTH swype and swype-installer. Otherwise, it tells you it installed but never does (which you can tell because the ctrl-c, ctrl-v commands don't work.)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Swype Now Available for Nexus S 4G users

Your post title is not descriptive enough. People aren't going to click it. What you need to tell them is there's new features in this special swype download:

1. You can now swype from the "ctrl" key to "c", "a", "v", "x" for the commands: copy, select-all, paste, cut

2. There's also sype commands for google maps (do swype ctrl-to-"a" to select your typed text, then swype ctrl-to"g"-to-"m" and it opens that in google maps)

3. And swype command for twitter

4. Also you can now add words to dictionary directly by going to settings-dictionary and then clicking the "+" button and adding a bunch of words.

That's a long title.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got bored. Redownloaded and tried again. I can't do it! It's so frustrating.

I think the only reason I ever used it on my Epic; was, because: Samsung messed up the stock android keyboard on 2.1/2.2 and it never worked right. And on 2.2 their keyboard was atrocious.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463