These past few days my Nexus has been awful in sending and receiving texts (my phone was off while I was out of the country last week, so not sure if that is throwing something off), but every text I send from my office is getting an error that message is not being sent, I occasionally get all my responses from different people all at once about every hour, etc.

I have the update and currently have all 4 bars and the the 4G is going in and out between 2 bars and none. I am located in downtown Chicago. Any suggestions on any apps, changes in settings, etc, I can do so that all my texts are not being bounced back to me.
    08-17-2011 01:13 PM
    These past few days my Nexus has been awful in sending and receiving texts (my phone was off while I was out of the country last week, so not sure if that is throwing something off), but every text I send from my office is getting an error that message is not being sent, I occasionally get all my responses from different people all at once about every hour, etc.

I have the update and currently have all 4 bars and the the 4G is going in and out between 2 bars and none. I am located in downtown Chicago. Any suggestions on any apps, changes in settings, etc, I can do so that all my texts are not being bounced back to me.
    Do you get the same issue with google voice (i.e. sending texts through google voice)?
    08-17-2011 01:20 PM

First, call Sprint and see if they're having a problem. Second, see if it's the app buy sending a text to your GV if you have one; or, someone near you. See if they still send.

This usually happens to be in low service areas; but, sometimes they are actually sending. I don't have a problem with excellent service though. Call Sprint first. They might have an outage...
    08-17-2011 01:21 PM
    Thanks for the quick help, but don't or have ever used Google Voice...could this help correct the issue?
    08-17-2011 01:23 PM
    Thanks for the quick help, but don't or have ever used Google Voice...could this help correct the issue?
    It's not going to "help" your problem. It will, however, "fix" it in the way where Sprint won't be handling your SMS anymore; and, you'll be sending them through Sprint data to Google Voice; and, Google will be sending them out on their end.

I know this sounds generic but have you tried a battery pull? lol

And, if definitely call up sprint to see if there is an issue with their network. I know they had SMS problems a month or so ago.
    08-17-2011 01:31 PM
    I know this sounds generic but have you tried a battery pull? lol
    Not generic at all, is the very first thing everyone should try when things don't work as they used to.

And, if definitely call up sprint to see if there is an issue with their network. I know they had SMS problems a month or so ago.
    Agree, there have been tower repair/updates on some markets. It might not be your phone.
    08-17-2011 02:30 PM
    Yeah Chicago has been going through a lot of upgrades and maintenance work. I'd do a battery pull and then just try riding it out. I've been seeing a surprising signal increase in even the worst areas of my house when off the Airave.
    08-17-2011 02:41 PM
    Thanks for the help...google voice seems like an intriguing option to fix this problem. I just tried setting up google voice..is there not a way to send/receive texts on google voice using go sms? Do I need to use the actual voice program to send and receive texts using google voice?
    08-17-2011 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the help...google voice seems like an intriguing option to fix this problem. I just tried setting up google voice..is there not a way to send/receive texts on google voice using go sms? Do I need to use the actual voice program to send and receive texts using google voice?
    There is a thread right on the first page about the opposite of your question; but, has steps for what you want. Simply, yes. You would just enable SMS on that phone on the GV website.

Secondly, There are also some complaints there as well so I would check it out. I myself used GV for quite sometime and have since gotten rid of it for months. (I still use it for email and a second number)
    08-17-2011 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD