Retrieving deleted pictures

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Accidentally erased some important pictures from a dinner that I attended, any method to undelete them?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Accidentally erased some important pictures from a dinner that I attended, any method to undelete them?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
There are programs out there for windows, where you can plug in a drive, sd card, your phone, etc. And retrieve pictures and files. Happened to me once, where an entire 16 gig sd card on my previous Evo got corrupted. I lost all my pictures, until I retrieved them all with the program. Don't ever sell or give an sd card to someone without formatting the drive, because if you just delete the files, they're probably still there...naked pictures of you and your girl in all your glory lol.

I can't remember the name of the program I used, but it was free, and did the job.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
There are programs out there for windows, where you can plug in a drive, sd card, your phone, etc. And retrieve pictures and files. Happened to me once, where an entire 16 gig sd card on my previous Evo got corrupted. I lost all my pictures, until I retrieved them all with the program. Don't ever sell or give an sd card to someone without formatting the drive, because if you just delete the files, they're probably still there...naked pictures of you and your girl in all your glory lol.

I can't remember the name of the program I used, but it was free, and did the job.

That is true, when you delete something it won't wipe the actual data file on the card but rather remove the pointer to the data file from the file allocation table, the actual data however remains.

Do a google search for disk undelete utilities and you will find several than can help you retreive those files - if they have not been overwritten that is. You need to avoid writting any info to the card until you do the recovery as the memory blocks where he picture files reside are now marked as available blocks so they can be used by the OS to write other data there and destroy the info, if that happens then you won't be able to recover much.

Mount the card as a drive on the computer and and use the undelete utility to search and recover as many as possible. Good luck.

Pack4now

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Personally I use card recovery...has worked real well for me...fairly easy to recover pics and files. only downfall is it is $40...but to me was well worth it.

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Well once they are gone they are GONE. As a backup try this get Google+ on your phone and set up instant upload. It basically backs up your photos in an online album that's private to you, so as soon as you take a photo it will upload it and basically create a backup for all the photos you have taken. Lookout also has a backup feature but it isn't instant.

Albert_Eines

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Memory card is the external device that stores data, images, audio as well as video files and many others. Once the card gets corrupted, the data becomes completely inaccessible where memory card recovery process gives the optimum solution.