nexus happy but would like some opinions

precon22

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
So yesterday I received my brand-new nexus at best buy for 50 bucks ( online price on upgrade is 50) love it rooted and over-clocked ASAP, but today I got some pretty enticing news...... iPhone 5 is coming to sprint. Now understand I'm not a fan boy on any level for either android or ios both have flaws what I'm curious is I had the iPhone 3gs on tmo unlocked for aear it was great. But seeing how the ios 5 has new notification ( stolen from android ) are any of you thinking about switching to the darkside to see or is it even worth it with icecreamsandwich coming out. My nexus is kinda here to hold me over till something comes out since I have thirty days to decide is the prime or sg2 worth getting instead and please no bad or insulting comments im just curious

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I do find the whole iPhone finally coming to Sprint enticing but i will have to see how if Sprint even gets it because things in the tech world changes so quickly.Then if it is better than the nexus after ice cream update then i will get it otherwise im sticking with the nexus. I wanna upgrade up not across to another platform you know?!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No way I will ever give into "the fruit" for my phone... Android.. Android. Android...

They may have the market cornered on the music front but they are not going to get my $$'s for my phone :)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
to be honest, I don't see what the iphone could bring that would make it better than the Nexus S 4G. Even with IOS 5, there will be some features missing.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
iOS is too damn boring. Last time I used one I was bored in 5 minutes. "ease of use" really means lack of features IMHO

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Unless Googe stops *****footing around and fix some of the issues that still plagues the Nexus, then I plan on jumping ship to the iPhone 5 unless the S2 comes first.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
1. Dropped calls(even in full signal areas)

2. Data strength fluctuating though it doesn't drop

3. Google Voice Integration - this is a pisspoor feature that really needs fixing and Google should be ashamed of themselves for all the problems it has.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Dropped calls(even in full signal areas)

2. Data strength fluctuating though it doesn't drop

3. Google Voice Integration - this is a pisspoor feature that really needs fixing and Google should be ashamed of themselves for all the problems it has.

I haven't had any issues work the google voice integration, but I can understand you're reception problems. Have you tried a replacement?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
First off the iPhone5 coming to Sprint is no way 100% set in stone, until Apple says so then ok. So don't base your decision on a phone that might possibly maybe come out on Sprint.

And iOS5 is just playing catch up to Android, nothing radically new in there. The Nexus-S rooted with a good stock ROM is way better than the current iPhone4, I don't see the iPhone5 being magically night and day better.

Actually the Sprint Galaxy S2 coming next month will be the top Droid phone for awhile, until maybe we get the Nexus-Three.

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes you are comparing the nexus with ginger bread, to the new Iphone.we don't know all the features from ice cream yet.

The guy in charge of Android was in charge of WebOS.so while IOS is getting notifications closer to Android, Android may get closer to WebOS.

Best thing is to be patient =)
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63