Well i broke my epic, had no cash to get it fixed so i had the optimus, i seen the nexus was dropped in price online so i took my optimus back when i seen the deal.

they took care of me in store, they did not extend my 30 days and from what they told me, no matter what if i took the phone back and bought online they would have not extended my 30 day guarantee no matter what, were they right?

im liking it so far, rooted, no rom, but running a netarchy kernel.

i was kinda upset about No led, no visual voice mail and no sd card slot.

other then that the phone is nice, im sure i will receive some hell that i got this phone instead of waiting but i really had no choice, its the best phone on sprint at this price right now and i couldnt get my 30 day extended to take it back, i got until aug 29th.

im not impressed by the sgs2 because its nothing like the sgs2 over seas and i would be interested in checking out the iphone 5 but dont have the time to wait.

anyones thoughts or opinions?

i used my upgrade i got restored from sprint cares when they switched around everyones premier.

i hate having to be "locked" into this phone for 2 years but understand i can buy a phone through craigslist or whatever later on.
    08-25-2011 08:00 PM
    anyone?
    08-26-2011 07:01 PM
    anyone what?
    08-26-2011 07:04 PM
    anyone what?
    lol care to chime in with thoughts or opinions?
    08-26-2011 08:36 PM
    Well i broke my epic, had no cash to get it fixed so i had the optimus, i seen the nexus was dropped in price online so i took my optimus back when i seen the deal.

they took care of me in store, they did not extend my 30 days and from what they told me, no matter what if i took the phone back and bought online they would have not extended my 30 day guarantee no matter what, were they right?

im liking it so far, rooted, no rom, but running a netarchy kernel.

i was kinda upset about No led, no visual voice mail and no sd card slot.

other then that the phone is nice, im sure i will receive some hell that i got this phone instead of waiting but i really had no choice, its the best phone on sprint at this price right now and i couldnt get my 30 day extended to take it back, i got until aug 29th.

im not impressed by the sgs2 because its nothing like the sgs2 over seas and i would be interested in checking out the iphone 5 but dont have the time to wait.

anyones thoughts or opinions?

i used my upgrade i got restored from sprint cares when they switched around everyones premier.

i hate having to be "locked" into this phone for 2 years but understand i can buy a phone through craigslist or whatever later on.
    Yes it is normal that you only get 1 (30 day) test drive period on a new purchase/upgrade. Once you burn through that 30 days either you keep one of the new devices your testing driving or go back to your old device at the end of the 30.

As far as extending or re-setting your 30 days trial that is at the discretion of the individual store/rep. If you happen to come into a store that is selling devices like crazy and feel they can maybe take a loss here or there you might get lucky but I wouldn't bank on this....

Otherwise you came into a bad period for doing this trial period. SGSII probably isn't going to drop until Sept 9th at the earliest so you have your choice right now on Sprint of the EVO's/Epic/Nexus/Photon...

As far as the few things your mentioned your not thrilled about.. Root it and you can use BLN Control from the Market to substitute the NO LED by having your capacitive buttons at the bottom flash to signal a miss notification. No SD CARD, well ya that stinks but its called space management... 16 gigs is a lot of on board RAM and unless your loading up a bunch of video or music its more than enough. No Visual Voice Mail, Google voice is used for the work around.. I really don't miss it to tell ya the truth, just like the old days of pressing 1 and listening/managing the VM's manually.
    intheb0x likes this.
    08-26-2011 10:18 PM
    Yes it is normal that you only get 1 (30 day) test drive period on a new purchase/upgrade. Once you burn through that 30 days either you keep one of the new devices your testing driving or go back to your old device at the end of the 30.

As far as extending or re-setting your 30 days trial that is at the discretion of the individual store/rep. If you happen to come into a store that is selling devices like crazy and feel they can maybe take a loss here or there you might get lucky but I wouldn't bank on this....

Otherwise you came into a bad period for doing this trial period. SGSII probably isn't going to drop until Sept 9th at the earliest so you have your choice right now on Sprint of the EVO's/Epic/Nexus/Photon...

As far as the few things your mentioned your not thrilled about.. Root it and you can use BLN Control from the Market to substitute the NO LED by having your capacitive buttons at the bottom flash to signal a miss notification. No SD CARD, well ya that stinks but its called space management... 16 gigs is a lot of on board RAM and unless your loading up a bunch of video or music its more than enough. No Visual Voice Mail, Google voice is used for the work around.. I really don't miss it to tell ya the truth, just like the old days of pressing 1 and listening/managing the VM's manually.

Well, none the less i think the nexus a great phone and always up to date.

i personally think its faster than my epic loaded up with a speedrom/special kernel, or my old evo 4g with a zip aligned rom and netarchy kernel.

but im using bln so that works, and its just easier to pop in the sd card and go, esp since my epics screen is broke so i had to remember and go blind in cwm to flash the purple cwm then mount the sd card LOL it took me about 15 mins but i got it and transferred everything over to the nexus.

so for 30 dollars it cant be beat, esp since the new sgs2 will be 250 with mail in rebate i think.

i guess i can rock this phone for 6 months to a year and then if i get bored i can buy a sgs2 or whatever via craigslist.

thanks for the insight though
    08-26-2011 10:33 PM
    What i was curious about,
    is if i take my device back, then get a new device when the sgs2 or whatever i like comes out,
    then lets say i order online or whatever, then would i get a 30 day grace all over again?

the store guy told me that they see it in the computer and wouldnt do it, but that doesnt make any sense to me, if i take back my device, wait 2 months, then get another u dont think they would give me the 30 day?
    08-27-2011 02:22 AM
    Where r you buying your phones?
    I got the evo at launch, returned all 3 at day 30 and waited 2 months for the epic and got 2 of those...still had a 30 day on the new phones.

I've also added a 3rd line Twice with a blackberry for 30 days in the last year. Personally, I'm looking to maybe get the nexus s off Craigslist for 200 off contract simply as a 2nd phone. When I was waiting for a replacement epic I had to wait a few days and was NOT going back to a palm 755.

I would not get a nexus with 2 year contract if I could get it off contract for under 250.
    08-27-2011 12:24 PM
    Where r you buying your phones?
    I got the evo at launch, returned all 3 at day 30 and waited 2 months for the epic and got 2 of those...still had a 30 day on the new phones.

I've also added a 3rd line Twice with a blackberry for 30 days in the last year. Personally, I'm looking to maybe get the nexus s off Craigslist for 200 off contract simply as a 2nd phone. When I was waiting for a replacement epic I had to wait a few days and was NOT going back to a palm 755.

I would not get a nexus with 2 year contract if I could get it off contract for under 250.
    sprint store, a real sprint store, not a affiliate or anything like that

so how are u getting your 30 day trials back?

because as i understand it, you only get one and once its gone its gone,

Also as for finding it off contract for 250 or less, its pretty hard to find, on craigslist i can find evo3ds for 175-225 all day but the nexus is hard to come by for under 250, infact most of the ones i see are much more...

they seem to hold their value.

the other issue is, i really dont have the cash right now to drop on something else. I dont have another device to switch back to, plus i get hit with the stupid 35 dollar restocking fee each time.

so u paid $105 dollars in restocking fees just to take those 3 phones back?
    08-28-2011 02:22 AM
    You know i seriously regret using the sprint store to get my device..

i could of went to best buy and gotten it for free, plus with the return policy has no restocking fee...

the photon is only 99 there.
    08-28-2011 05:06 PM
    You know i seriously regret using the sprint store to get my device..

i could of went to best buy and gotten it for free, plus with the return policy has no restocking fee...

the photon is only 99 there.
    I always go to the Sprint store because it seems like it always becomes an issue when I get my phones elsewhere.
    08-28-2011 05:32 PM
    Well I just called sprint 611 and they told me the computer says I got until sept 24th to return this phone
    If I choose two, so obviously my 30 day got extended all over?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    08-29-2011 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD