Hello droids!

I come looking for collaborated thoughts and suggestions. At work we use badges to access various departments.
    I keep generally keep mine in my wallet. But there are times when I have my hands full and I thought it would be cool
    if my nexsus s to be my badge. ...after all it supports NFC/tags.

We use a 125 khz Indala FlexCard proximity card to get in. Its your basic swipe card. Here is a link to see more about it, http://www.hidglobal.com/documents/i...card_ds_en.pdf. Now my understanding of the current technology
    may be off, but I should be able to write to the app the signal/code for my flexcard and thus make my phone my badge?
    I know the NFC technology can be used for credit cards, but what about the Indala FlexCard. Anyone have any input?
    Can anyone share ideas or point me where to get started?

Or is the technology just limited to conacts, photos, links, and the like?
    08-26-2011 02:06 AM
    I have the same question. I have to carry separate cards for my parking garage and for work door access. Eliminating those would be a huge benefit. There are several NFC apps on the market but nothing that seems to be of much real use.
    08-26-2011 02:46 PM
    I work in the security industry an I went to a HID presentation on Tuesday and from what we were told you will have to wait to late Q3 when HID released the iClass SE line of card readers that support and have NFC built into the reader.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    08-26-2011 06:59 PM
    10-23-2011 09:00 PM
    Your 125kHz proximity card uses a form of RFID known as LF (low frequency).

NFC operates at 13.56MHz, which in RFID terminology is known as HF (high frequency).

Like another poster stated, some companies are starting to integrate the NFC/HF frequencies into their proximity offerings.
    10-24-2011 04:16 PM