I'm running with a slight overclock and been monitoring my battery temperature - I was wondering what level people would consider too hot? Mine has been running up to 44 Celsius and I'm not sure when I should be concerned.
    08-28-2011 09:22 PM
    If your device ever does get to hot it will automatically shut down on its own..
    08-28-2011 09:29 PM
    I would like an answer to this myself. What is the temp threshold?

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk
    08-30-2011 09:30 AM
    I can say its not uncommon to see temps in the area of 105-110 degree's f, while charging and under extreme working conditions... example, playing games, video watching, flash player, things that really work the processor and graphics processor.

I will see if I can dig up anything better.
    08-30-2011 10:21 AM
    I can say its not uncommon to see temps in the area of 105-110 degree's f, while charging and under extreme working conditions... example, playing games, video watching, flash player, things that really work the processor and graphics processor.

I will see if I can dig up anything better.
    I go above that using navigation. That is kinda why I'm wondering. I want to set a temp profile in SetCPU, but I don't know what temps are actually dangerous

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk
    08-30-2011 12:44 PM
    Sure there are dangerous levels, but I know from experience on my wife's Epic 4g her phone doesn't like playing Angry Birds for long periods of time and eventually you feel it heat up in your hands and then you will receive a warning and the device just powers down for a few minutes until it cools down.

I haven't checked the battery temp to see what it is at when that happens but its safe to safe if your device does get near those "dangerous" levels the device has safeties built in to protect itself.
    08-30-2011 12:51 PM
    I understand that, but I'm trying to find out at what point that is so I can set a profile to keep it from hitting that point.
    08-30-2011 05:09 PM
    You will have to search around. Even if you find some reported temp levels this could vary from device to device... Everyone's devices handle things differently with kernels, and over clocking. My example with my wife's Epic was rooted, running a custom ROM/kernel set at the standard 100-1000 Mhz but yet she could only play 5-10 mins of Angry Birds and her device would heat up and shut down. This only happened when she played games like Angry Birds otherwise her device never overheated. I setup my Epic exactly the same and could play all day long without getting hot.

I've heard of people having overheating issues while running Google Maps/Sprint Navigator and GPS functioning, its really a "random" thing among devices.

With the slight variances in hardware production it might be hard to come up with a "safe" number to set a profile at.

Best of luck in your search.
    08-30-2011 09:34 PM
    I've given up searching. Haven't been able to find an answer.
    08-30-2011 10:39 PM
    Well there is an app now for that. Its called cool down phone. It might help with your prob
    08-10-2012 09:22 AM
    I've heard of people having overheating issues while running Google Maps/Sprint Navigator
    This. Plus...I've noticed it heats up quite a bit when I'm in an area where there is no Sprint signal. The other day I was at a function and realized the phone was burning hot in my pocket even though I wasn't running anything.

I'm really starting to wish it wasn't so costly to change carriers.
    08-10-2012 10:15 AM
    This is exactly what's happening with my phone. I will sometimes pick it up and it is so hot that it has turned itself off and I have to pull the battery to get it going again. It only started doing this when I upgraded to ICS.
    08-13-2012 01:36 PM
    The cool down app does not appear in my search of apps
    08-13-2012 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD