Visual Voicemail MAY be a reality for us soon!

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
When watching the hands on video for the new samsung galaxy s 2 epic touch video on phonedog, he was scrolling through the phone and showed/voice acknowledged the visual voicemail app on this phone,

i believe its at gingerbread 2.3.4.

so this is GREAT news for us nexus members who thought that we were left out cold with the visual voicemail not being developed anymore for gingerbread since the sprint/gvoice thing...

so all we need now is a system dump so we can pull that voicemail apk!!

what does everyone thinK about this?

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
i just rather not have to go through the whole GV setup, i like it how it was, a vm app that was there, then we could have either option GV or use the stock vm on the phone itself.

this is not the successor, the only successor to the nexus is another nexus, its just the only other phone available coming with a build os close to the nexus that has visual voicemail built in.
we need to rip that apk and try it out.

dparisoe

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Google Voice for ANY android device for me. Its easy free and awfully useful too!
Beware of Google Voice Sprint integration though I was continually missing calls because of it. GV sends them to voicemail before the phone rings or after 1 ring. It was almost 50% of the calls I could not get before they went to VM.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Beware of Google Voice Sprint integration though I was continually missing calls because of it. GV sends them to voicemail before the phone rings or after 1 ring. It was almost 50% of the calls I could not get before they went to VM.

exactly,
its not worth the hassle,

so as soon as a dump or ruu/whatever comes out im ripping that VV apk and testing!

lol

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
When watching the hands on video for the new samsung galaxy s 2 epic touch video on phonedog, he was scrolling through the phone and showed/voice acknowledged the visual voicemail app on this phone,

i believe its at gingerbread 2.3.4.

so this is GREAT news for us nexus members who thought that we were left out cold with the visual voicemail not being developed anymore for gingerbread since the sprint/gvoice thing...

so all we need now is a system dump so we can pull that voicemail apk!!

what does everyone thinK about this?

That is either the Sprint VVM application or Samsungs native Touchwiz VVM. Both of which will not work on the Nexus S 4G. Those apps will not come or be offered to the Nexus S. Samsung also does not handle updates for the Nexus S. Google does

Last edited:

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
That is either the Sprint VVM application or Samsungs native Touchwiz VVM. Both of which will not work on the Nexus S 4G. Those apps will not come or be offered to the Nexus S. Samsung also does not handle updates for the Nexus S. Google does

Do you know this as a "fact" or "just guessing"?

Yes Google handles updates for the Nexus line BUT nothing is stopping the user from installing an app via it's .apk

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

It is the Sprint VVM app. The Photon 4G has the same logo for it's VVM app.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
You can use GV for VVM purposes only. No calls (inbound/outbound), no texts (inbound/outbound), no nothing except for visual voicemail. *28 conditional call forwarding is a beautiful thing.

boobie1292

May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can use GV for VVM purposes only. No calls (inbound/outbound), no texts (inbound/outbound), no nothing except for visual voicemail. *28 conditional call forwarding is a beautiful thing.
Can u explain how because everytime I go to google voice it keeps bringing my texts in and its verry annoying thanks in advance

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Can u explain how because everytime I go to google voice it keeps bringing my texts in and its verry annoying thanks in advance

You skip integration. (Or disable it now if you have it and don't want it). Otherwise your SMS will be there.

Glad to see they updated the app so you can disable SMS notifications and use the regular app and still get VM notifications. (Which is good since I re-enabled GV+S since there is no service at work for the time being!)

And I'm missing calls with it again. Not forwarding. Disable. Not worth it. So good.... until you integrate Sprint. Still works perfect for VVM though.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a feeling that most people have no clue that GV can, and is designed to, do VVM only. If someone wants to write some instructions on how to do it, which should include instructions for those who have already integrated and those that haven't, PM me you're instructions and I'll vet the information then sticky it.

I've been using GV for VVM only for many months and will never switch back to a carrier solution. I suspect others will feel the same after seeing what can be done. As long as your carrier offers conditional call forwarding, which sprint does, you get VVM with message transcription free and easy courtesy of GV.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling that most people have no clue that GV can, and is designed to, do VVM only. If someone wants to write some instructions on how to do it, which should include instructions for those who have already integrated and those that haven't, PM me you're instructions and I'll vet the information then sticky it.

I've been using GV for VVM only for many months and will never switch back to a carrier solution. I suspect others will feel the same after seeing what can be done. As long as your carrier offers conditional call forwarding, which sprint does, you get VVM with message transcription free and easy courtesy of GV.

I agree with you 100 percent. Google voice has been awesome for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech