09-05-2011 09:08 AM
31 12
tools
    Allen, I, like you, just got the Nexus S and love it. There are things that I love about it and things that took some getting used to coming from the Evo.

I rooted it right away and un rooted it yesterday just so I could learn how to. There are several methods, and several one click methods to do the trick and they are listed on here.

Updates while rooted is iffy. If you root and stay with stock ROM, you will probably get them. If you install custom ROMs, then no.

I'm stock and love it...super fast and no bloat.

Get it and enjoy! :-)
    I'm going to get this phone within a week or 2. I can't wait!!! Yeah I need to learn how to Root with Stock ROM and learn about kernals I guess. Any links you could give?
    09-04-2011 08:42 PM
    I'm going to get this phone within a week or 2. I can't wait!!! Yeah I need to learn how to Root with Stock ROM and learn about kernals I guess. Any links you could give?
    Guide to Rooting

For kernels, I've always liked Netarchy myself. But there are lots of good kernels to choose from - you can comb through this thread and pick one you like.
    09-04-2011 09:27 PM
    If you're using your upgrade to get the nexus 4g I would wait and use it on the galaxy s2. It is way more advanced and I'm sure it will be rooted pretty quick. So far the reviews for the Europian version are awesome. If I had money I would give it a try to see how it compares to my 3d.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    09-04-2011 09:44 PM
    Well I did it. I bought the Nexus S 4G and went to Sprint. Waiting on my phone to get here within 2 - 5 days. I can't wait.

Question, how do you back up Apps and phone numbers? I know with Verizon I have an app they give you to do that.
    09-04-2011 11:02 PM
    Well I did it. I bought the Nexus S 4G and went to Sprint. Waiting on my phone to get here within 2 - 5 days. I can't wait.

Question, how do you back up Apps and phone numbers? I know with Verizon I have an app they give you to do that.
    With gmail, all you contacts and emails are automatically backed up. As for apps, there are many apps you can download from the Market that will back them up! :-)
    09-05-2011 06:50 AM
    With gmail, all you contacts and emails are automatically backed up. As for apps, there are many apps you can download from the Market that will back them up! :-)
    I have a gmail account but hardly ever use it. How do I set this process up? Also I heard I can't sync Facebook contacts to my phone so their picture shows up. How do I do this with google gmail?
    09-05-2011 09:08 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD