Default browser pop-up

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
No matter how many times I tell my NS4G that I want Opera as my default browser, it won't "stick" and keeps asking me which browser I want when I click the link. Is this a bug or is there some setting I missed?

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing on virtually every file/application association: browser, market link, images, documents, PDFs, et cetera. As this is my first Android phone I'm not certain if this is just something broken in Android as a whole, or just with the NS4G.

Since it's happening to you, too, then I can finally rule out being personally cursed. :)

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...guess this happens to me with image files too, asking if I want Gallery or Quickpic...then there's Camera vs. Vignette.

Come to think of it, this seems to be a systemic issue. Associations are apparently getting dropped all over the place.

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Search the android market for an application that allows you to change the default settings on your phone. I recommend 'default app manager' because i use it on my nexus and works well with the stock android settings that can change defaults.

Reactions: mkhall

rgruenhaus#AC

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the epic 4g and it has gingerbread and it is doing the same when trying to select Dolphin HD. It never logs dolphin as the default browser. I have asked dolphin support and they give me the path that should assign it, but it never remembers what I assigned.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this still is a bug in ICS because I just use the stock browser and didn't even bother installing any others. Has anyone had this problem since the update came through?