Why aren't you rooted?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't rooted since launch till about 2 weeks ago.

I didn't root because I didn't need to. Everything was Vanilla. Everything worked. Updates were coming through nicely. I also didn't root because I previously owned an Epic 4g and that phone was a nightmare and a half and still never worked right.

I only rooted because I wanted my Roam Control back after the hurricane. Sprint tower by work was out for a week and a half. Then the beast took over and I've been messing with different things almost every other day and love it. I went back to stock (still rooted) but just missed all the extra convenience features rooting has to offer.

Do you need to root this phone. No. Would I have rooted it if I didn't want Roam Control that day. Maybe, after I got bored after ICS release. Do I miss not being rooted. No. Would I miss being rooted. Yes, because of CM7 and even MIUI.

Sorry, added my two cents. Ha, but seriously. Unless you NEEEEEEED an app that needs root you don't need to root this phone. And I only needed one for a week. But anyone who says there phone does everything they need obviously hasn't tried even just a basic alternate rom that adds a few cool extra features. I live off them now.

Warning: rooting is more addictive than crack. If you want to keep your friends and family and not live in a dark basement squinting at your phone all day yelling at people to shut up because your busy for no reason and be completely clueless to things around you don't root. Stay where you are. (Seriously, I rooted right before I went on vacation from work and had hundreds of missed articles in Google Reader I couldn't catch up on, L O L)

deathpod

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've recently un-rooted but right away there is one major things I miss. Voodoo sound.

If you're an audiophile at all, or even just a little bit, this is kind of a big deal. There is one sweet little headphone amp hiding behind your NS4G's 3.5" jack and once you've opened it up, you may never want to go back. Now that I've gone back to the un-rooted 2.3.5 and lost the updated voodoo kernel drivers, my music, podcasts, netflix and games all sound flat and lifeless.

I do wanna give a big +1 to the choice argument. If you don't have any need to root, don't. Jerry summed it up pretty well in the AC podcast a little while ago, and actually was part of the reason I came back to stock 2.3.5. But for me, I just can't listen to the Hospital Records podcast without the necessary punch any longer. Once I've tried out the the OTA that should be rolling out here soon, I'm heading back to the rooted side.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've recently un-rooted but right away there is one major things I miss. Voodoo sound.

If you're an audiophile at all, or even just a little bit, this is kind of a big deal. There is one sweet little headphone amp hiding behind your NS4G's 3.5" jack and once you've opened it up, you may never want to go back. Now that I've gone back to the un-rooted 2.3.5 and lost the updated voodoo kernel drivers, my music, podcasts, netflix and games all sound flat and lifeless.

I do wanna give a big +1 to the choice argument. If you don't have any need to root, don't. Jerry summed it up pretty well in the AC podcast a little while ago, and actually was part of the reason I came back to stock 2.3.5. But for me, I just can't listen to the Hospital Records podcast without the necessary punch any longer. Once I've tried out the the OTA that should be rolling out here soon, I'm heading back to the rooted side.

Forget about Voodoo Sound. Voodoo Colors. MY GOD! I thought my screen was washed out comparing it to the other one. Blows it away now, lol. Of course that one is not rooted.

I can say why I didn't root the other phone. It's my girlfriends and I think she'd be better off stock unrooted. ;). She has trouble updating apps let alone if I told her to update a rom. (OTA included.)

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Forget about Voodoo Sound. Voodoo Colors. MY GOD! I thought my screen was washed out comparing it to the other one. Blows it away now, lol. Of course that one is not rooted.

I can say why I didn't root the other phone. It's my girlfriends and I think she'd be better off stock unrooted. ;). She has trouble updating apps let alone if I told her to update a rom. (OTA included.)

Where can I get Voodoo color?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Shark_On_Land

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I broke my windows machine that has all the one cluck roots.

Thus I have to use the sdk. In Linux and the fastboot is acting sassy with me. Adb works. Fastboot is an ass.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star