All the Apps. on the Market say they back up on the Storage of the phone. Well the Nexus S 4G doesn't have an SD Card. So let's say my phone wipes clean some how, since the internal storage goes with it, I lose the Backup of my Apps. So what program can I use to backup my stuff safe???
    09-19-2011 11:12 AM
    Allen, I had this issue when I rooted the first time and lost my "SD Card" contents.

So, waht I do now is back up my apps and then transfer the folder (a copy) over bluetooth to my laptop and keep it there! Works fine!
    09-19-2011 11:46 AM
    Oh, I use Astro File Manager and it places a "Back Up" folder on the internal storage!
    09-19-2011 11:48 AM
    The phone separates the internal and "usb storage" into two parts. If you want to back up your phone and not worry about it, you can get any back up program you like then download drop sync, which syncs your android phone to dropbox with the designated folder you choose
    09-19-2011 12:39 PM
    Install Titanium Backup, use that to back up everything. Then pull everything off the USB storage and place it on your computer just to be safe.

Now if you perform a" wipe device to factory reset" everything will be deleted on your phone. Your stuff backed up on the USB storage will most likely all stay there. Now it will/may delete your titanium backup folder, so copy it back over from your computer.

I usually delete everything from USB storage to start fresh but have a backed up copy on my computer.

Cool?
    09-19-2011 03:32 PM
    Install Titanium Backup, use that to back up everything. Then pull everything off the USB storage and place it on your computer just to be safe.

Now if you perform a" wipe device to factory reset" everything will be deleted on your phone. Your stuff backed up on the USB storage will most likely all stay there. Now it will/may delete your titanium backup folder, so copy it back over from your computer.

I usually delete everything from USB storage to start fresh but have a backed up copy on my computer.

Cool?
    The pro version of TB allows for drop box sync!
    09-19-2011 06:03 PM
    Bottom line is to always keep a backup or your backup on your computer. And back up your computer to another backup. Just in case. . Or, you could zip your "SD Card" content and upload it to Google Docs. (You still need a computer for that; wish they would add that to the app unless you can do it from the mobile site)
    09-19-2011 06:12 PM
    Ok so I downloaded Dropbox on my PC and my Android Nexus phone. Now what? How do I get my stuff I want to back up on my phone to Dropbox? I really need help with this.
    09-20-2011 02:17 AM
    Ok so I downloaded Dropbox on my PC and my Android Nexus phone. Now what? How do I get my stuff I want to back up on my phone to Dropbox? I really need help with this.
    Now install Titanium Backup Pro and backup everything. I believe there are instructions within the app.
    09-20-2011 11:12 AM
    Now install Titanium Backup Pro and backup everything. I believe there are instructions within the app.
    I don't have a rooted phone. It says the apopulation won't work cause it's not detecting my rooted phone. Any other ways with Drop box? I have mybackup pro and its saving to my interal i think but i dont know much after that
    09-20-2011 12:26 PM
    connect your phone to your computer, enable USB and copy the folder that mybackup pro created
    09-20-2011 01:43 PM
    connect your phone to your computer, enable USB and copy the folder that mybackup pro created
    Now that sounds easy. Sorry I'm an android noob right now lol.
    09-20-2011 07:32 PM
    i just got the pro version on my rooted nexus s 4g and it tells me to tick usb debugging upon 1st launch... i did it, and still get prompted. will this keep me from using the program correctly or is it just a minor bug??
    09-21-2011 04:27 AM
    Ok I easily saved my Backup Folder to my PC. So let's say I need that Folder back to my phone to get my Apps. back, do I just do that same thing and transfer the Folder from my PC to my Phone's folders using USB?
    09-21-2011 09:42 AM
    Ok I easily saved my Backup Folder to my PC. So let's say I need that Folder back to my phone to get my Apps. back, do I just do that same thing and transfer the Folder from my PC to my Phone's folders using USB?
    Yes. Just copy the titanium backup folder over onto your phone, but i always make sure Titanium Backup is installed. Then I replace the new folder with my old one I saved on my computer. Then I run a batch restore of user apps, or system depending on if it is a rom I already used or not. If it is a new rom I will only restore user apps.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    09-21-2011 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD