09-23-2011 06:25 PM
60 123
tools
    I'm running 2.3.5 GPA17 rooted. Can I still get this update via "update.zip" method?
    It did not work for me. Wallet kept force closing...

I'm passing on Pete's ROM for the time being just to check out Wallet.

But hey, maybe you'll have better luck than I did.
    09-20-2011 04:19 PM
    Just applied this update and added my Citi card to Wallet. Can't wait to try this out, thanks!

For those of you looking to update but who don't know how, here are some instructions:

1. Download the file
    2. Rename the file "Update.zip" so that it is easy to find
    3. Move it to root of your phones internal storage.
    4. Shut down and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on.
    5. Use the volume buttons to choose recovery from the list, and select it with the power button.
    ***6. When you see the triangle on your screen, hold power and then press volume up and youll have a list of options, choose the file to update***
    7. Select the option to update from SD card
    8. Select the update.zip file
    9. Once update is finished doing its thing, click on "Reboot" (just an fyi, when the phone restarted it seemed to take a little bit longer than it usually does when booting up--do not fear!)
    10. Bask in 2.3.7 goodness!
    just to be sure, recovery doesn't destroy the data currently on the phone, does it?
    09-20-2011 04:29 PM
    Just applied this update and added my Citi card to Wallet. Can't wait to try this out, thanks!

For those of you looking to update but who don't know how, here are some instructions:

1. Download the file
    2. Rename the file "Update.zip" so that it is easy to find
    3. Move it to root of your phones internal storage.
    4. Shut down and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on.
    5. Use the volume buttons to choose recovery from the list, and select it with the power button.
    ***6. When you see the triangle on your screen, hold power and then press volume up and youll have a list of options, choose the file to update***
    7. Select the option to update from SD card
    8. Select the update.zip file
    9. Once update is finished doing its thing, click on "Reboot" (just an fyi, when the phone restarted it seemed to take a little bit longer than it usually does when booting up--do not fear!)
    10. Bask in 2.3.7 goodness!

Worked out great, thanks alot.
    09-20-2011 04:40 PM
    I'm rooted so I flashed the 2.3.7 Rooted ROM found here:

[NS4G] Stock ROMs | How To Root/Unroot | OTA Files & Images - xda-developers

And then then new Radio.

I'm up and running!!!
    Thanks guys!!!
    09-20-2011 05:48 PM
    just to be sure, recovery doesn't destroy the data currently on the phone, does it?
    To clarify, recovery DOESN'T erase anything on the phone. The only thing weird thing that happened was that my custom ringtone was disabled and I had to reenable it; no biggie.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    09-20-2011 08:38 PM
    If I manually updated to 2.3.5 will I receive the ota update for 2.3.7 or will I have to manually update? Can Sprint or Google tell if you did a manual update instead of waiting for the ota?
    09-22-2011 01:24 PM
    If I manually updated to 2.3.5 will I receive the ota update for 2.3.7 or will I have to manually update? Can Sprint or Google tell if you did a manual update instead of waiting for the ota?
    As far as I know it makes no difference whether you update manually or OTA. The benefit to manual update is that you get it immediately instead of checking your phone obsessively to see if you were updated.
    09-22-2011 02:43 PM
    I got the update via OTA. Yesterday morning. Too bad I don't have a compatible Citi credit card to link it to.
    09-22-2011 04:10 PM
    I got the update via OTA. Yesterday morning. Too bad I don't have a compatible Citi credit card to link it to.
    Do the google prepaid card option and they give you ten free dollars.
    09-22-2011 04:16 PM
    Folks, Google will provide a you a prepaid card to use, so don't worry about not having a Citi card. For a limited time, they'll throw in $10 just for activating the prepaid card. When you want to add funds, just press the card's picture then hit add funds. Go through the tutorial if you're confused. It tells you everything you need to know to use the service.
    09-23-2011 06:25 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD