Software update GWK74 - Google Wallet

corndog22cl

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the stock rooted GWK74 update with Matr1x7 and just purchased some M&Ms on Google's dime. It was extremely easy and worked like a charm. Man, I could get used to this.

The lady behind the counter gave it a, "WHOOOAAA, COOOOL". She was definitely a stoner.

anon(419925)

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted and stock. . . But what is SU??
Yeah, if I'm rooted I should probably know what that means, feel free to make fun of me! :confused:
I love the stock feel but wanted to be able tether my 4G and use screen capture!

With the OTA, doesn't it take you back to stock unrooted??? That was the fear when the game out with 2.3.5 and Chud here walked me through a download that kept everything so I'm wondering if some one is going to come out with the same.

I also have rooted with stock rom. I used the method & files here on xda-developers (i can't link cuz it's my first post) and it worked like a charm. google: [NS4G] 2.3.7 Update (GWK74)

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Just applied this update and added my Citi card to Wallet. Can't wait to try this out, thanks!

For those of you looking to update but who don't know how, here are some instructions:

1. Download the file
2. Rename the file "Update.zip" so that it is easy to find
3. Move it to root of your phone?s internal storage.
4. Shut down and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on.
5. Use the volume buttons to choose ?recovery? from the list, and select it with the power button.
***6. When you see the triangle on your screen, hold power and then press volume up and you?ll have a list of options, choose the file to update***
7. Select the option to update from SD card
8. Select the update.zip file
9. Once update is finished doing its thing, click on "Reboot" (just an fyi, when the phone restarted it seemed to take a little bit longer than it usually does when booting up--do not fear!)
10. Bask in 2.3.7 goodness!

Tried this. . . Won't work!!!
Appearantly it won't work if you're rooted, which I am! At least that's what I read on XDAs forums
Am I doing something wrong or is that correct???

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Appearantly it won't work if you're rooted, which I am! At least that's what I read on XDAs forums

I can't speak to rooted phones--I am not rooted, therefore the instructions I provided earlier (which you quoted above) apply only to stock rom and stock kernels.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you have to pick one from the top of the list that was posted. From the group that shows them as Odexed and Deodexed.

Reactions: gramamoose

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 2.3.5 GPA17 rooted. Can I still get this update via "update.zip" method?

It did not work for me. Wallet kept force closing...

I'm passing on Pete's ROM for the time being just to check out Wallet.

But hey, maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

derwin

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Just applied this update and added my Citi card to Wallet. Can't wait to try this out, thanks!

For those of you looking to update but who don't know how, here are some instructions:

1. Download the file
4. Shut down and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on.
5. Use the volume buttons to choose ?recovery? from the list, and select it with the power button.
***6. When you see the triangle on your screen, hold power and then press volume up and you?ll have a list of options, choose the file to update***
9. Once update is finished doing its thing, click on "Reboot" (just an fyi, when the phone restarted it seemed to take a little bit longer than it usually does when booting up--do not fear!)

just to be sure, recovery doesn't destroy the data currently on the phone, does it?

Iammedina

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

1. Download the file

Worked out great, thanks alot.

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
just to be sure, recovery doesn't destroy the data currently on the phone, does it?

To clarify, recovery DOESN'T erase anything on the phone. The only thing weird thing that happened was that my custom ringtone was disabled and I had to reenable it; no biggie.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

xtremcarl

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If I manually updated to 2.3.5 will I receive the ota update for 2.3.7 or will I have to manually update? Can Sprint or Google tell if you did a manual update instead of waiting for the ota?

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If I manually updated to 2.3.5 will I receive the ota update for 2.3.7 or will I have to manually update? Can Sprint or Google tell if you did a manual update instead of waiting for the ota?

As far as I know it makes no difference whether you update manually or OTA. The benefit to manual update is that you get it immediately instead of checking your phone obsessively to see if you were updated.

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Folks, Google will provide a you a prepaid card to use, so don't worry about not having a Citi card. For a limited time, they'll throw in $10 just for activating the prepaid card. When you want to add funds, just press the card's picture then hit add funds. Go through the tutorial if you're confused. It tells you everything you need to know to use the service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37