Has anyone gotten the 2.3.7 update?

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Another thing i've noticed:
I lost my black search bar!

Does anyone have the link that detailed how to instal it again?

Thanks in advance! ! !

RMM1981

Banned
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys i recently purchased the sprint nexus s(yesterday) & it came already on 2.3.7. Weird huh???
Anyways my question is can i use one click root to root it with no problems?
I ask because i am new to this phone & want to make sure. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got the OTA update, so far it's great. My WIFI reception is way better, and the USB tether still works!!

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys i recently purchased the sprint nexus s(yesterday) & it came already on 2.3.7. Weird huh???
Anyways my question is can i use one click root to root it with no problems?
I ask because i am new to this phone & want to make sure. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Go for it.

TAC_260

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
This sucks...I work 800 yards north of Sprint's World Headquarters and still haven't gotten the OTA. Sprint has never taken care of it's Overland Park community. :-/

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
do you have to be rooted to manually install the update? personally i would rather wait for it OTA, cant be much longer... its not like its mango, lol

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
You do not have to be rooted to update manaully. If you just go to Google's site you can download the update.zip and then reboot into recovery mode and update that way.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
do you have to be rooted to manually install the update? personally i would rather wait for it OTA, cant be much longer... its not like its mango, lol

2.3.5 was a 3 week roll out. ;). I waited though for that one and took about 1.2 weeks. Neither of my Nexus' have the update yet. I've manually done it to check it out and went back to Cm7. I'm racing the 2 phones. See who gets it first. CM7 update or OTA on the stock one. Hahaha.

I personally like waiting as well for the OTA on a completely stock phone. Had some bad luck with the Epic. Actually, 2.3.5 was the first OTA I've ever received with my entire one yea of owning Android. (O, and the one out of the box on launch.)

Just a quick tip though. Doing it rooted and non rooted is the same as each other. Just a different bootloader. Same option.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Download ROM Manager.
Open Rom Manager.
Make Sure You are on most current ClockworkMod Recovery.
Download Rom.
Peter Alfonso
Install the Deodexed "Stock Rooted GWK74".
Wipe Dalvik. Backup Current. (Do Not Wipe Data and Cache- if you were running the Stock Software, you should be fine. That is only usually done when running a custom ROM).
Once it reboots, Open ROM Manager.
Download Rom.
Peter Alfonso.
D720SPRKE1.
Wipe Dalvik. Dont Backup. Dont Wipe Data.
After that you are done.
You may want to install Peter Alfonso's Tethering Fix for Tether.
You will have to reset up your homescreens unless you were running a custom homescreen launcher like Launcher Pro or ADW.

If your phone has a lot of Force Closes then you need to Restore Backup using Rom manager. and make sure you have GRJ90 baseband installed, if not reinstall. Then use Titanium backup to backup all your user apps. Copy Titanium Folder from phone to computer. Do my earlier steps, but when installed GWk74, do wipe data and cache. You will use titanium to get apps back after you install it and bring that folder back over from computer.

Welcome.

It didn't work quite so easy for me and it auto wiped data.
Wallet was also force closing

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
It didn't work quite so easy for me and it auto wiped data.
Wallet was also force closing

You had to have wipe data checked, it shouldn't auto wipe data if you used ROM manager.

If you backed up before install (with ROM manager) you can go back and restore your phone to how it was. Back your apps up with Titanium Backup, then install the update.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
You had to have wipe data checked, it shouldn't auto wipe data if you used ROM manager.

If you backed up before install (with ROM manager) you can go back and restore your phone to how it was. Back your apps up with Titanium Backup, then install the update.

Have you used this method yourself and been running with no force closes?

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Have you used this method yourself and been running with no force closes?

Yep.
On my Brothers Phone, Rooted Stock. He hasn't had any force closes.

My phone went from Oxygen Rom to this Stock Rooted, so I wiped data and cache and used titanium backup.

It works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech