Has anyone gotten the 2.3.7 update?

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Yep.
On my Brothers Phone, Rooted Stock. He hasn't had any force closes.

My phone went from Oxygen Rom to this Stock Rooted, so I wiped data and cache and used titanium backup.

It works.

No go here from peters rom, still force closes.
Going to have to start fresh all over again, im just not ready for that.
Anyone got a method where I don't gotta wipe?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Download the files to your computer then copy them to your phone then do the flashing through ClockWorkMod.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

That is what Titanium Backup is for. Backup all user apps. Copy Titanium Folder over to your computer just to be safe.

Wipe Data and Cache. It will start fresh, but then you just install titanium backup and pull that folder back over from your computer and you can bring back all your apps with Data. The only thing that doesnt come back for me is my twitter accounts.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't even make heads or tails of what his problem is anymore. If it's just Wallet force closing, it's probably just Wallet. It did that to plenty of people on here, including myself and including the unmolested Nexus that I applied the OTA update to in the Sprint store this evening.

ROM Manager is buggy at times when doing installs. I just gave him another method but it's probably just the Wallet app like I said since your way is pretty much fool proof.

And +1 on the Titanium Backup.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't even make heads or tails of what his problem is anymore. If it's just Wallet force closing, it's probably just Wallet. It did that to plenty of people on here, including myself and including the unmolested Nexus that I applied the OTA update to in the Sprint store this evening.

ROM Manager is buggy at times when doing installs. I just gave him another method but it's probably just the Wallet app like I said since your way is pretty much fool proof.

And +1 on the Titanium Backup.

Wait, do you work for Sprint or do you just go around randomly updating phones at Sprint locations before they know there is an update? Cause I did that once. L O L.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
That is what Titanium Backup is for. Backup all user apps. Copy Titanium Folder over to your computer just to be safe.

Wipe Data and Cache. It will start fresh, but then you just install titanium backup and pull that folder back over from your computer and you can bring back all your apps with Data. The only thing that doesnt come back for me is my twitter accounts.

i dont know what happened, but your method messed allot of things up,
now i no longer have root access with titanium back up, so i cant go back anything up to begin with.

super user is there and im prompted like usual to allow and deny things but still no go.

i wish i never messed with it in the first place and im far from a beginner.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
i dont know what happened, but your method messed allot of things up,
now i no longer have root access with titanium back up, so i cant go back anything up to begin with.

super user is there and im prompted like usual to allow and deny things but still no go.

i wish i never messed with it in the first place and im far from a beginner.

Manage Apps. Titanium Backup. Delete Data. Rebring Titanium Backup Folder Over. and it should work.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Wait, do you work for Sprint or do you just go around randomly updating phones at Sprint locations before they know there is an update? Cause I did that once. L O L.
No, I don't work for them. We went in there last Thursday to see if they had any of the SGSIIE4GT's in to play with, and they didn't, but the lady working informed me that all the phones, the EVO, EVO3D, SGSIIE4GT's, were the same except for the screen size. Sooooooooooooooo I left. Went back in today because my brother wanted to try the SGSIIE4GT. While he was messing with it I was comparing the stock NS4G screen to my Voodoo screen and noticed the update icon so I did the update.

Also while waiting I was informed by the same lady as the first time that the SGSIIE4GT has now somehow attained "the ****" status in her eyes. She then went on to sell a couple two EVO's instead of the 3D's like they wanted because "the EVO won't be made anymore and they're will be a huge demand for them on Craigslist."

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Are you running the stock rom? I saw in another thread you are running another rom. My directions said you do not have to wipe unless you were running a custom rom. Are you running a custom rom?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No, I don't work for them. We went in there last Thursday to see if they had any of the SGSIIE4GT's in to play with, and they didn't, but the lady working informed me that all the phones, the EVO, EVO3D, SGSIIE4GT's, were the same except for the screen size. Sooooooooooooooo I left. Went back in today because my brother wanted to try the SGSIIE4GT. While he was messing with it I was comparing the stock NS4G screen to my Voodoo screen and noticed the update icon so I did the update.

Also while waiting I was informed by the same lady as the first time that the SGSIIE4GT has now somehow attained "the ****" status in her eyes. She then went on to sell a couple two EVO's instead of the 3D's like they wanted because "the EVO won't be made anymore and they're will be a huge demand for them on Craigslist."

Gotta love sprint sales people. I'm glad the one that use to bother me everytime I went in is gone now. Use to pretend to know about the phones. Now the Guy I dealt with last time doesnt even pretend to know when I speak to him. "Nevermind you know more than I do".

TAC_260

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
You can manually update. Find the update, rename update.zip. get in recovery, apply update. [ACS] GWK74 Android 2.3.7 update for the Nexus S 4G - xda-developers

I'm not rooted...how would I do this? I have the update.zip, but I don't even know where to place it in the phones directory tree.

I just can't believe that the OTA still hasn't hit. I could care less about the wallet, I just want better reception. The reception on this phone brings the SUCK! If I worked on the other side of the Sprint campus I would have full 4G, but just North of their campus I can barely get 3G most of the time -85.

Never mind...I found your other thread. Thanks :D

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted...how would I do this? I have the update.zip, but I don't even know where to place it in the phones directory tree.

I just can't believe that the OTA still hasn't hit. I could care less about the wallet, I just want better reception. The reception on this phone brings the SUCK! If I worked on the other side of the Sprint campus I would have full 4G, but just North of their campus I can barely get 3G most of the time -85.

Never mind...I found your other thread. Thanks :D

Place it in the root of your sdcard. Then power off. Power on by holding volume up and power at the same time until fasboot shoes. Navigate to recover with the volume rocker. Press power to select. When the package comes up and stops. Hit power and volume up again. It will bring you to recovery. Then select update from zip or whatever it says.

OleSalt

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Got the update about an hour ago - Sprint in New Orleans, have had the phone just short of a month.... Have not seen any differance yet, maybe more bars at home... See Wallet but no where to use it LOL....

Slosh01

May 30, 2011
Visit site
installed successfully; established account w/Google Wallet & received the $10 credit. Time to go spend it & see how this thing works.

I also noticed that the Google Shopper app comes w/the 2.3.7 update as well.

derwin

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
my initial nfc run went well, but I took my silicone rubber skin off just in case it would interfere with the transaction. has anyone done theirs with the case on yet?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech