How's 2.3.7 update treating everyone?

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I'be only had it running a few hours but I am getting a better signal and faster speeds than I did before.

Down: 5.6 avg
Up: 1.6
In areas where I would usually get:
Down: 2.3
Up: 1.0

Anyone seeing similar results?

Who has used Google Wallet already? I am planning on trying it tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
4257575f-5839-9027.jpg

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I used Wallet.

Don't care about speeds and don't even have that app anymore. Haven't gone anywhere for long enough to make note of any signal changes.

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that, though it could just be me, that my signal seems better...at least, for me, in my house, it would hold on to Sprint and then be useless, but now it jumped right to roaming...which was nice! :) Volume seems louder, too!

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I manually installed the upgrade last night, and it went smoothly with no problems. It seemed that this upgrade was a "patch", as it didn't hard reset my device and I didn't lose anything that I can tell. All my previously installed apps, files, etc. were still on my phone after the install. The only difference I saw, was the addition of the Shopper and Google Wallet apps.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that, though it could just be me, that my signal seems better...at least, for me, in my house, it would hold on to Sprint and then be useless, but now it jumped right to roaming...which was nice! :) Volume seems louder, too!

Does the USB Tether still work?

natural320

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
has anyone else notice that Wallet is killing your battery? after I updated this morning, I recharged back to full (94%) and noticed that after about 3 hours my battery was down to 58%!!!

I had made one call, sent/received a few texts, and played greedy spiders for all of 10 minutes. usually with moderate use (after charging over night) I am down to 65-ish% after about 6-7 hours.

looked at the usage stats, and Wallet was over 50%...and all I did was open it to check it out. turned on NFC (the app makes you) then turned NFC back off one I realized I can't really use the Wallet

I am not a happy nexus-er at the moment...and I have loved this phone for months!

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'be only had it running a few hours but I am getting a better signal and faster speeds than I did before.

Down: 5.6 avg
Up: 1.6
In areas where I would usually get:
Down: 2.3
Up: 1.0

Anyone seeing similar results?

LOL, I thought you were imagining things, until I ran Speedtest myself. Sure enough, I'm getting 2 to 3 times the 3G speed I was getting in my office, which is in a VERY weak signal area.

My morning readings went from a typical 30-40 kbps to over 120 kbps download, and the afternoons have gone from 10-20 kbps to over 50 kbps.

I'm running Amazon MP3 streaming right now, and I could NEVER do that before in the afternoon. I'm a happy camper!

Running Network Signal Info, I am getting about the same signal strengths as before, varying between -96 and -106 db.

getupkid2004

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys (first post) I updated my nexus s manually yesterday and used the NFC as soon as I got off work at best buy. Pretty cool the woman at the registered was wondering what I was doing I don't think they've been trained... Network seems to be more or less the same in Downtown LA

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone noticing that GPS is being used constantly? I know it only shows the logo when an app is using it, its constantly showing it in use for me. I suspect it is Google Wallet since I have had all these apps previous of the uupdate and never had the problem before. Ill have to monitor this or start killing apps to find the culprit. I turned on track my location of purchases with wallet and I think that could be the cause. I have turned it off, and its still showing that it is in use. Ill reboot and test further. Urgg!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
has anyone else notice that Wallet is killing your battery? after I updated this morning, I recharged back to full (94%) and noticed that after about 3 hours my battery was down to 58%!!!

I had made one call, sent/received a few texts, and played greedy spiders for all of 10 minutes. usually with moderate use (after charging over night) I am down to 65-ish% after about 6-7 hours.

looked at the usage stats, and Wallet was over 50%...and all I did was open it to check it out. turned on NFC (the app makes you) then turned NFC back off one I realized I can't really use the Wallet

I am not a happy nexus-er at the moment...and I have loved this phone for months!

Holy sh!t. I was wondering why my battery was at 35% at lunch time.

43% of the usage was due to Wallet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC