11-07-2011 07:45 PM
145 12345 ...
tools
    There's not Jacks around here so this is probably a dumb question; but, do they actually accept paypass there or just blink? lol.

I have yet to see a NFC CC Machine without both though.
    I tired 7 eleven.... it work for me at 7 Eleven...
    09-23-2011 07:34 PM
    Social security number and birth date are not needed to provide credit card information.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    09-23-2011 07:45 PM
    I love me some Google Wallet!

I got the update around 2pm CST on 9/23. I set up the prepaid card and received my free $10.
    The transaction at Braums(a regional ice cream, dairy and burger joint) failed for some reason three hours later. I wonder do some places need to press credit first and some don't.

When I went to CVS, a few minutes later, the transaction went very smoothly. I told her, "I'm gonna try paying with my phone." "The clerk said, "Technology, you're amazing and baffling"

I plan on keeping around $20 - $40 on the prepaid card at a time.
    09-23-2011 11:40 PM
    Tried it today and i absolutely love it.And just think i wanted to trade for a Evo 3D at one point.The transaction went smooth and fast.From now on i am a Google fan boy.Good job Google.It amazes me how.Facebook ticked me off and Google put a smile on my face.That has to stand for something lol.
    09-23-2011 11:51 PM
    Tried it today and i absolutely love it.And just think i wanted to trade for a Evo 3D at one point.The transaction went smooth and fast.From now on i am a Google fan boy.Good job Google.It amazes me how.Facebook ticked me off and Google put a smile on my face.That has to stand for something lol.
    People take Facebook too seriously. Lol. I never even notice the changes. Google made me love Samsung devices again. Even though ill never buy another Samsung phone unless it's every nexus from here on out. Lol.

I may have to flash back tomorrow and give it a try. I have yet to. Set it up flashed back. Stock phone got the ota. Set it up. Set up was easy with no problems. Getting anxious. Lol.
    09-24-2011 12:20 AM
    I'm not taking Facebook to serious.I just hate they have simple things so screwed up.
    09-24-2011 01:35 AM
    I went to my local rite-aid. I was at the register holding a up a A HUGE line, because the girl at the cashier looked at me wired when I said ill pay by phone. An angry man called me a jackass.

I told her that it would work because it had the paypass sticker, but she thought I was trying to steal of something.

When it finally went through she was in a "technological awe" and I was on my way with my Gatorade

I don't know if the world is ready for this yet. Just remember this we are the only phone that can do this...

09-24-2011 02:24 AM
    I went to my local rite-aid. I was at the register holding a up a A HUGE line, because the girl at the cashier looked at me wired when I said ill pay by phone. An angry man called me a jackass.

I told her that it would work because it had the paypass sticker, but she thought I was trying to steal of something.

When it finally went through she was in a "technological awe" and I was on my way with my Gatorade

I don't know if the world is ready for this yet. Just remember this we are the only phone that can do this...

You should have been like LISTEN TO ME YOU OLD SOB. This will be quicker than writing out your check.

If he wasn't old just tell him to stfu and take it outside if he's got a problem. lol.

It's brand new here. No one is ever going to know what your doing if they didn't see it before you. Pretend your a magician and they will understand.
    09-24-2011 10:40 AM
    Sounds like Google Wallet is awesome. To bad I gave up my Nexus S 4G before I got a chance to use it. But I'm glad that most people seem to be having a good experience with it.
    09-24-2011 10:58 AM
    [/QUOTE]I don't know if the world is ready for this yet. Just remember this we are the only phone that can do it[/QUOTE]

I maybe wrong but I thought the diephone had this also.
    09-24-2011 10:59 AM

I maybe wrong but I thought the diephone had this also.
    AFAIK the iPhone doesn't have a NFC chip. Thee Nexus S is the only phone in the us that has it. However only the Nexus S 4g has Google wallet for the mommet

09-24-2011 12:15 PM
    It's been five days... Still no Wallet love here. Waiting for the update. Talk about a slooooow rollout. Heck, the GRJ90 update only took three days!
    09-24-2011 02:08 PM
    Has anyone else had a hard time getting the google prepaid card to activate? It just keeps failing.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    no problems here. I just finished downloading the 2.3.7 update & activating Google Wallet. All told took about 20 minutes to complete the whole process.

Smooth sailing so far. Time to go checkout the Wallet app & see how it goes.
    09-24-2011 02:25 PM
    Here's a thought - I have the Rocketfish soft shell case on my Nexus S, I am wondering if the case will interfere with the connection between the NFC of the phone & the payment machine.

I'll let you all know what I find out when I use it.
    09-24-2011 02:42 PM
    It's been five days... Still no Wallet love here. Waiting for the update. Talk about a slooooow rollout. Heck, the GRJ90 update only took three days!
    I had 2.3.5 on my Nexus S 4G and the phone was rooted, I accidentally accepted 2.3.7 about a week ago, when the first wave rolled out updates. It killed root, so I found 2.3.4 and reinstalled that, cleaned root and everything. Then the phone automatically downloaded 2.3.5 within 5 minutes of the phone being turned on. I updated to that and kept checking for 2.3.7, but it didnt come back... So... this is what I did and it worked for me....

I went and pulled the battery, pressed the power button for a minute to drain all residual power, replaced everything and powered on the phone. Went into Settings, About Phone, Sprint System Updates and updated my PRL and Data Profile. Then I waited a few minutes and went back into Settings, About Phone and System Updates - It still wasnt there, so I again turned off the phone (did not take out battery) waited a few minutes turned it on, and checked, and sure enough 2.3.7 was downloading and ready to install. Then installed it tested it, everything worked, then went about doing the One Click Root (which also worked on 2.3.7 flawlessly). So there you have it.
    Definitely try updating your data profile, cause it lets Sprint know data needs provisioning, which triggers a ton of other updates for the phone.
    09-24-2011 03:54 PM
    I think the lowest amount of money you can add is $20. I tried to add $10 and it didn't go.
    09-24-2011 11:14 PM
    I think the lowest amount of money you can add is $20. I tried to add $10 and it didn't go.
    Thanks for da tip

09-24-2011 11:28 PM
    Does Google Wallet work on rooted phones?
    09-25-2011 10:39 AM
    Yes in rooted
    09-25-2011 10:51 AM
    I've been using it a lot and only had one mess up but I think it had more to do with a damaged payment kiosk than my NS4G other than that it is the easiest payment system I've ever used.
    09-25-2011 11:52 AM
    I had 2.3.5 on my Nexus S 4G and the phone was rooted, I accidentally accepted 2.3.7 about a week ago, when the first wave rolled out updates. It killed root, so I found 2.3.4 and reinstalled that, cleaned root and everything. Then the phone automatically downloaded 2.3.5 within 5 minutes of the phone being turned on. I updated to that and kept checking for 2.3.7, but it didnt come back... So... this is what I did and it worked for me....

I went and pulled the battery, pressed the power button for a minute to drain all residual power, replaced everything and powered on the phone. Went into Settings, About Phone, Sprint System Updates and updated my PRL and Data Profile. Then I waited a few minutes and went back into Settings, About Phone and System Updates - It still wasnt there, so I again turned off the phone (did not take out battery) waited a few minutes turned it on, and checked, and sure enough 2.3.7 was downloading and ready to install. Then installed it tested it, everything worked, then went about doing the One Click Root (which also worked on 2.3.7 flawlessly). So there you have it.
    Definitely try updating your data profile, cause it lets Sprint know data needs provisioning, which triggers a ton of other updates for the phone.
    Or you could just do this.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-updating.html
    09-25-2011 12:24 PM
    Omg! I couldnt take it anymore. Went stock. Ran to the vending machine. Bought a soda. Amazing.

Instant nfc communication. Asked to put pin in and tap again. Out comes my soda. I feel like a 5 year old on Xmas morning.
    09-25-2011 03:40 PM
    Omg! I couldnt take it anymore. Went stock. Ran to the vending machine. Bought a soda. Amazing.

Instant nfc communication. Asked to put pin in and tap again. Out comes my soda. I feel like a 5 year old on Xmas morning.
    Haha I know right?

I went to a store yesterday in downtown Richmond Va. Three people were shocked of what i did. So logically I said, "I'm from the future" and walked out.

09-25-2011 04:22 PM
    Took me forever to activate the pre-paid card, but I did......worked like a charm. Used it at CVS & 7-Eleven with no problems.....I got the "WTH" look from people on the lines lol
    09-25-2011 04:54 PM
    This is truly the hottest technology so far with a phone
    09-25-2011 05:34 PM
145 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD