11-07-2011 07:45 PM
145 ... 23456
tools
    Haha I know right?

I went to a store yesterday in downtown Richmond Va. Three people were shocked of what i did. So logically I said, "I'm from the future" and walked out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Very logical indeed. When I make my next purchase it shall be in front of someone. So when they ask what was that. I will reply in the same fashion. Except, I will then in turn ask them if they sell plutonium at said location. It will end with them asking what and me repeating there question and looking around.

I will then turn to whomever is with me and respond: "We need to find some to power the 21 jigawats to get you back to 1985".
    grantheppes likes this.
    09-25-2011 05:39 PM
    So when will Google release G-Wallet for those not on Sprint? i want in on some of this digital wallet coolness haha..I don't have a NS4G
    09-25-2011 11:23 PM
    So when will Google release G-Wallet for those not on Sprint? i want in on some of this digital wallet coolness haha..I don't have a NS4G
    Well...first and foremost, your phone has to have an NFC chip. To the best of my knowledge, only the Nexus S sports one (both the 3G and 4G versions).
    09-26-2011 07:58 AM
    Have not used mine yet, does the phone need to be naked for this to work?

09-26-2011 09:45 AM
    Have not used mine yet, does the phone need to be naked for this to work?

I would hope not...it's called Near Field Communication for a reason...not "Direct Contact Communication".
    09-26-2011 10:09 AM
    I would hope not...it's called Near Field Communication for a reason...not "Direct Contact Communication".
    Might be confused with "Naked Field Communication".
    Or as we say from the South "Nekkid"
    09-26-2011 02:35 PM
    I used it at 7-11 and it worked flawlessly.

I used my 10 bucks to buy a 6 pack of Lagunitas IPA and some beef jerky. Thanks Google.
    Brilliant!
    09-26-2011 04:08 PM
    Android newbie, couldn't wait for the roll out any longer. Joined/found the site and learned how to manual update, activated wallet within a few min. with Google pre pay card,$10 richer:-] this phone kicks BB AZZ!!! LOL
    09-26-2011 04:36 PM
    Android newbie, couldn't wait for the roll out any longer. Joined/found the site and learned how to manual update, activated wallet within a few min. with Google pre pay card,$10 richer:-] this phone kicks BB AZZ!!! LOL
    Welcome to Android Central my friend.

09-26-2011 06:09 PM
    I used the prepaid card (Thanks for the ten spot, Google), at a McDonald's to pick my wife up a healthy snack before her math test. Everything was flawless. It worked very fast, the employee was surprised, she said, "You swiped your card really fast." After she shared the process with her friends and several customers, and while I was filling the soda cups, I heard a "Young wipper-snappers, and their new fangled technology." That was the best part of it.
    CarrieK and Jessicalt1 like this.
    09-27-2011 11:05 AM
    Quick info, please.

To make a purchase - you have to have NFC checked. Do you have to have the Google Wallet app open? I've seen video where they are on their home screen, tap and the phone automatically opens Google Wallet. Is that the way it works?

Thanks, in advance.
    09-27-2011 12:56 PM
    For the Google prepaid card, am I supposed to select credit or debit? My credit card works fine, but I haven't been able to use the prepaid card successfully yet.
    09-27-2011 01:31 PM
    For the Google prepaid card, am I supposed to select credit or debit? My credit card works fine, but I haven't been able to use the prepaid card successfully yet.
    Credit. I've used prepaid flawlessly at 7-12 CVS and a coke vending machine. Haven't tried McDonald's yet. Lol. But with the track record I would assume no problem.

Is your prepaid card enabled in the app with the green switch under it?
    09-27-2011 02:19 PM
    Quick info, please.

To make a purchase - you have to have NFC checked. Do you have to have the Google Wallet app open? I've seen video where they are on their home screen, tap and the phone automatically opens Google Wallet. Is that the way it works?

Thanks, in advance.
    I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it would require you log in with your PIN first to "unlock" the wallet, as the NFC transaction relies on the single tap to transfer the data. Otherwise, seems like that would be a pretty huge security hole.
    09-27-2011 02:35 PM
    Credit. I've used prepaid flawlessly at 7-12 CVS and a coke vending machine. Haven't tried McDonald's yet. Lol. But with the track record I would assume no problem.

Is your prepaid card enabled in the app with the green switch under it?
    When I was trying out the prepaid, yes. Oh well. Google can keep its $10 I guess
    09-27-2011 03:12 PM
    I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it would require you log in with your PIN first to "unlock" the wallet, as the NFC transaction relies on the single tap to transfer the data. Otherwise, seems like that would be a pretty huge security hole.
    Unlocked screen. Tap without app open. Enter pin when app opens. Tap again. Real quick and easy.

If your waiting online you could open the app and put your pin in before. By default after one minute it will relock itself and the pin will be needed if you tap after that. You can change how long it will wait to lock again.
    09-27-2011 03:37 PM
    One word
    AWESOME.
    Mostly bp gas stations and mcdonalds accept them.

So i went to mcdonalds, and the guy checking me out was blown away, said "that's really slick and i need that"
    Lol

Basically I enabled the card, stuck it up to the mcdonalds pad, it asked for my pin, then on the nexus screen said tap again, so i did so and touched the pad again and it went through.

09-29-2011 11:38 AM
    I may just be a Google Wallet fan boy; but, does anyone think it works fast than your actual credit cards with blink/paypass/etc?

Used it at CVS again on my girlfriends phone. (Well she used it). Did it and then I went to use my credit card and it just seemed like it took longer to register/read/process. Maybe cause Google Wallet is exciting and you lose conception of time and do some extra things, lol. Using my credit card was boring. Hahaha.
    09-29-2011 11:59 AM
    loved it it was quick easy and loved the cashiers reaction when she said what u do? lol btw thanks google got a free pack of cigs. i loved this phone before now its even better
    09-29-2011 12:12 PM
    AHAHAHAHAHA. I signed up for Google Wallet alerts when it was first announced. The ones that let you know when it comes out. I just got an email now telling me Google Wallet was released.
    09-29-2011 12:42 PM
    Worked like a charm the first time I tried, I've never had my phone pay for my groceries before, that was pretty awesome. It was like finding a en on the ground, only google gave it to me, which is awesome
    09-29-2011 03:26 PM
    It's been a week since I updated and I still can't use Wallet! I am not able to add the prepaid card, it says it's being "provisioned" and then after a while I have to force close it. Any ideas?
    10-01-2011 08:21 PM
    Worked great for me, bought milk and cereal from my local BP station.... With the $10 from Google, it was free!
    10-01-2011 09:37 PM
    Just used it for the first time at our local McDonald's. It really does seem like it's faster than using a credit card... not just the obvious part (not having to take it out and swipe it) but the authentication process too!

Also, it was quite satisfying buying a quick meal on Google's dime!
    10-02-2011 06:18 AM
    How does it work exactly can you load multiple cards. Does it show your balance for each card ? I'm assuming you could switch to what ever card you want ?

sent from my thunderbolt
    10-02-2011 06:46 AM
145 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD