How was your first time with Google Wallet?

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
It's been five days... Still no Wallet love here. :( Waiting for the update. Talk about a slooooow rollout. Heck, the GRJ90 update only took three days!

Slosh01

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had a hard time getting the google prepaid card to activate? It just keeps failing.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

no problems here. I just finished downloading the 2.3.7 update & activating Google Wallet. All told took about 20 minutes to complete the whole process.

Smooth sailing so far. Time to go checkout the Wallet app & see how it goes.

Last edited:

Slosh01

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Here's a thought - I have the Rocketfish soft shell case on my Nexus S, I am wondering if the case will interfere with the connection between the NFC of the phone & the payment machine.

I'll let you all know what I find out when I use it.

rwalford79

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It's been five days... Still no Wallet love here. :( Waiting for the update. Talk about a slooooow rollout. Heck, the GRJ90 update only took three days!

I had 2.3.5 on my Nexus S 4G and the phone was rooted, I accidentally accepted 2.3.7 about a week ago, when the first wave rolled out updates. It killed root, so I found 2.3.4 and reinstalled that, cleaned root and everything. Then the phone automatically downloaded 2.3.5 within 5 minutes of the phone being turned on. I updated to that and kept checking for 2.3.7, but it didnt come back... So... this is what I did and it worked for me....

I went and pulled the battery, pressed the power button for a minute to drain all residual power, replaced everything and powered on the phone. Went into Settings, About Phone, Sprint System Updates and updated my PRL and Data Profile. Then I waited a few minutes and went back into Settings, About Phone and System Updates - It still wasnt there, so I again turned off the phone (did not take out battery) waited a few minutes turned it on, and checked, and sure enough 2.3.7 was downloading and ready to install. Then installed it tested it, everything worked, then went about doing the One Click Root (which also worked on 2.3.7 flawlessly). So there you have it.
Definitely try updating your data profile, cause it lets Sprint know data needs provisioning, which triggers a ton of other updates for the phone.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it a lot and only had one mess up but I think it had more to do with a damaged payment kiosk than my NS4G other than that it is the easiest payment system I've ever used.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I had 2.3.5 on my Nexus S 4G and the phone was rooted, I accidentally accepted 2.3.7 about a week ago, when the first wave rolled out updates. It killed root, so I found 2.3.4 and reinstalled that, cleaned root and everything. Then the phone automatically downloaded 2.3.5 within 5 minutes of the phone being turned on. I updated to that and kept checking for 2.3.7, but it didnt come back... So... this is what I did and it worked for me....

I went and pulled the battery, pressed the power button for a minute to drain all residual power, replaced everything and powered on the phone. Went into Settings, About Phone, Sprint System Updates and updated my PRL and Data Profile. Then I waited a few minutes and went back into Settings, About Phone and System Updates - It still wasnt there, so I again turned off the phone (did not take out battery) waited a few minutes turned it on, and checked, and sure enough 2.3.7 was downloading and ready to install. Then installed it tested it, everything worked, then went about doing the One Click Root (which also worked on 2.3.7 flawlessly). So there you have it.
Definitely try updating your data profile, cause it lets Sprint know data needs provisioning, which triggers a ton of other updates for the phone.

Or you could just do this.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g/121217-how-update-2-3-7-non-rooted-phone-manually-updating.html

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Omg! I couldnt take it anymore. Went stock. Ran to the vending machine. Bought a soda. Amazing.

Instant nfc communication. Asked to put pin in and tap again. Out comes my soda. I feel like a 5 year old on Xmas morning.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Omg! I couldnt take it anymore. Went stock. Ran to the vending machine. Bought a soda. Amazing.

Instant nfc communication. Asked to put pin in and tap again. Out comes my soda. I feel like a 5 year old on Xmas morning.

Haha I know right?

I went to a store yesterday in downtown Richmond Va. Three people were shocked of what i did. So logically I said, "I'm from the future" and walked out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Took me forever to activate the pre-paid card, but I did......worked like a charm. Used it at CVS & 7-Eleven with no problems.....I got the "WTH" look from people on the lines lol

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Haha I know right?

I went to a store yesterday in downtown Richmond Va. Three people were shocked of what i did. So logically I said, "I'm from the future" and walked out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Very logical indeed. When I make my next purchase it shall be in front of someone. So when they ask what was that. I will reply in the same fashion. Except, I will then in turn ask them if they sell plutonium at said location. It will end with them asking what and me repeating there question and looking around.

I will then turn to whomever is with me and respond: "We need to find some to power the 21 jigawats to get you back to 1985".

AndroiderX

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
So when will Google release G-Wallet for those not on Sprint? i want in on some of this digital wallet coolness haha..I don't have a NS4G :(

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
So when will Google release G-Wallet for those not on Sprint? i want in on some of this digital wallet coolness haha..I don't have a NS4G :(

Well...first and foremost, your phone has to have an NFC chip. To the best of my knowledge, only the Nexus S sports one (both the 3G and 4G versions).