How was your first time with Google Wallet?

Androidnit

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Android newbie, couldn't wait for the roll out any longer. Joined/found the site and learned how to manual update, activated wallet within a few min. with Google pre pay card,$10 richer:-] this phone kicks BB AZZ!!! LOL

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Android newbie, couldn't wait for the roll out any longer. Joined/found the site and learned how to manual update, activated wallet within a few min. with Google pre pay card,$10 richer:-] this phone kicks BB AZZ!!! LOL

Welcome to Android Central my friend.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I used the prepaid card (Thanks for the ten spot, Google), at a McDonald's to pick my wife up a healthy snack before her math test. Everything was flawless. It worked very fast, the employee was surprised, she said, "You swiped your card really fast." After she shared the process with her friends and several customers, and while I was filling the soda cups, I heard a "Young wipper-snappers, and their new fangled technology." That was the best part of it.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Quick info, please.

To make a purchase - you have to have NFC checked. Do you have to have the Google Wallet app open? I've seen video where they are on their home screen, tap and the phone automatically opens Google Wallet. Is that the way it works?

Thanks, in advance.

anon(419925)

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
For the Google prepaid card, am I supposed to select credit or debit? My credit card works fine, but I haven't been able to use the prepaid card successfully yet.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
For the Google prepaid card, am I supposed to select credit or debit? My credit card works fine, but I haven't been able to use the prepaid card successfully yet.

Credit. I've used prepaid flawlessly at 7-12 CVS and a coke vending machine. Haven't tried McDonald's yet. Lol. But with the track record I would assume no problem.

Is your prepaid card enabled in the app with the green switch under it?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Quick info, please.

To make a purchase - you have to have NFC checked. Do you have to have the Google Wallet app open? I've seen video where they are on their home screen, tap and the phone automatically opens Google Wallet. Is that the way it works?

Thanks, in advance.

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it would require you log in with your PIN first to "unlock" the wallet, as the NFC transaction relies on the single tap to transfer the data. Otherwise, seems like that would be a pretty huge security hole.

anon(419925)

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Credit. I've used prepaid flawlessly at 7-12 CVS and a coke vending machine. Haven't tried McDonald's yet. Lol. But with the track record I would assume no problem.

Is your prepaid card enabled in the app with the green switch under it?

When I was trying out the prepaid, yes. Oh well. Google can keep its $10 I guess

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it would require you log in with your PIN first to "unlock" the wallet, as the NFC transaction relies on the single tap to transfer the data. Otherwise, seems like that would be a pretty huge security hole.

Unlocked screen. Tap without app open. Enter pin when app opens. Tap again. Real quick and easy.

If your waiting online you could open the app and put your pin in before. By default after one minute it will relock itself and the pin will be needed if you tap after that. You can change how long it will wait to lock again.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
One word
AWESOME.
Mostly bp gas stations and mcdonalds accept them.

So i went to mcdonalds, and the guy checking me out was blown away, said "that's really slick and i need that"
Lol

Basically I enabled the card, stuck it up to the mcdonalds pad, it asked for my pin, then on the nexus screen said tap again, so i did so and touched the pad again and it went through.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I may just be a Google Wallet fan boy; but, does anyone think it works fast than your actual credit cards with blink/paypass/etc?

Used it at CVS again on my girlfriends phone. (Well she used it). Did it and then I went to use my credit card and it just seemed like it took longer to register/read/process. Maybe cause Google Wallet is exciting and you lose conception of time and do some extra things, lol. Using my credit card was boring. Hahaha.

kaos1211

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
loved it it was quick easy and loved the cashiers reaction when she said what u do? lol btw thanks google got a free pack of cigs. i loved this phone before now its even better

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
AHAHAHAHAHA. I signed up for Google Wallet alerts when it was first announced. The ones that let you know when it comes out. I just got an email now telling me Google Wallet was released.

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Worked like a charm the first time I tried, I've never had my phone pay for my groceries before, that was pretty awesome. It was like finding a en on the ground, only google gave it to me, which is awesome

nichtssagend86

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It's been a week since I updated and I still can't use Wallet! I am not able to add the prepaid card, it says it's being "provisioned" and then after a while I have to force close it. Any ideas?

codemonkey85

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Just used it for the first time at our local McDonald's. It really does seem like it's faster than using a credit card... not just the obvious part (not having to take it out and swipe it) but the authentication process too!

Also, it was quite satisfying buying a quick meal on Google's dime!

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
How does it work exactly can you load multiple cards. Does it show your balance for each card ? I'm assuming you could switch to what ever card you want ?

sent from my thunderbolt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech