How was your first time with Google Wallet?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Impressed the guy at Rite Aid today with my 'newfangled technology'. It was my first time using Wallet since this was the first time I'd run across a PayPass device. Worked like a charm.

Arma77

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone already used loyalty cards, discounts or coupons?

Working flawless? What about network connection when using loyalty or offers?

Waiting for my device to be delivered, i'm so amazed to use GW!!!

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Tried to use GW twice yesterday and both times it said the reader was detected but that there was an error. Tried in two different places today... don't know if it's my NFC chip or not?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Tried to use GW twice yesterday and both times it said the reader was detected but that there was an error. Tried in two different places today... don't know if it's my NFC chip or not?

Can you describe the exact steps you went through? (Maybe there's something we can do to get it working for you?)

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but what happens when the total is more than the amount left on your Gift card? Will it automatically take the card down and ask for more?

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Used it at best buy on a cd, the girl seemed to think I was an idiot until she saw the transaction. She then proceeded to be floored at what had just happened and ask all about it. I wanted to say something like "ask Siri I to do that!"

jibby

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I used it and the free 10 dollar gift card (thanks google!) at McDonalds for the first time.

The guy who rang me up looked at me really funny, and told me the total again. So I looked at him really funny. (I've already paid, why tell me my total again?) haha

Then he looked down and said, "How'd you do that!?".

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
As much as I like the idea and the tech, I don't really plan on using it again until it actually can replace one or both of my cards (credit card and ATM card). Even then, I don't expect to use it until places I actually shop start supporting it. I almost never go into a CVS, Rite Aid, Best Buy or McDonalds...

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
tried and failed...guess it doesn't work with extended battery lol
Correct. The extended battery covers don't have the NFC chip in them.

As much as I like the idea and the tech, I don't really plan on using it again until it actually can replace one or both of my cards (credit card and ATM card). Even then, I don't expect to use it until places I actually shop start supporting it. I almost never go into a CVS, Rite Aid, Best Buy or McDonalds...
For whatever reason, a lot of coke machines around here are setup for it so I've been using it for that. Otherwise, like you, I don't frequent the other partners.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but I imagine it's probably just like using a gift card in any other circumstance...it'll zero out and then the cash register will ask for the remaining balance.