Does anyone know a good app that will get rid of duplicate contact numbers ?
    09-26-2011 05:50 PM
    This may be a stupid question but do you use Google for your address book?
    09-26-2011 05:57 PM
    Yes I sync my Google contact
    09-26-2011 06:06 PM
    And you don't have the duplicates in Google? Do you use more than one Google email address and have the same contacts for both? Maybe try only syncing one address book.
    09-26-2011 06:11 PM
    And you don't have the duplicates in Google? Do you use more than one Google email address and have the same contacts for both? Maybe try only syncing one address book.
    Just go to the display options in contacts and mess around with which accounts are displayed to see where they are. Odds are there on the PHONE itself. My guess at least. But you'll be able to pinpoint that way where they are from.
    09-26-2011 09:14 PM
    Find out if duplicates are on your phone and / or also in you google gmail account on a computer. If they are on the computer, you could delete all your contacts on your phone (Settings - Manage applications - choose all applications to list - find contacts (there are two on my phone) listed. Open each and delete the data stored on your phone. Your phone will now show no contacts.

Go to your pc and log into your Gmail account. Click contacts on the left. Along the top and to the right is a 'more' drop down dialog box. Click 'find and merge duplicates'. You'll be given a box showing the duplicates and can choose which ones you want to merge. Click that and it will clean up your duplicates.

Go back to your phone and go into accounts, click on your gmail account and sync your contacts (don't know if you use usb, or what. I use Companionlink). Should be fine and good to go.
    09-27-2011 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD