Text message failures

mmaldin

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For the past week or so I have been having some difficulty with texts, many don't go through and I get a failure message that gives me the option to resend or delete. Anyone else with this issue? Is it my phone or sprint?

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
For the past week or so I have been having some difficulty with texts, many don't go through and I get a failure message that gives me the option to resend or delete. Anyone else with this issue? Is it my phone or sprint?

I get the message not sent error every once in a while. I usually just copy message, resend, then delete the unsent one. It doesn't happen enough that I worry about it. Usually when I am in an area where it bounces back and forth from decent to bad service.

feoysolo

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been having this issue more lately also. Sometimes I resend then find out that the other person received the message multiple times. So then I assume the "Message Not Sent" was wrong then don't resend. Then it turns out that the message didn't do through after all. MADDENING!!! :mad:

Habious

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I get the message not sent error every once in a while. I usually just copy message, resend, then delete the unsent one. It doesn't happen enough that I worry about it. Usually when I am in an area where it bounces back and forth from decent to bad service.

If you touch the yellow "Didn't send" triangle next to the failed message, it will delete the unsent message, and copy the text into the message box.

So, just touch the triangle, and hit "send" again. No need to copy/paste.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been having this issue more lately also. Sometimes I resend then find out that the other person received the message multiple times. So then I assume the "Message Not Sent" was wrong then don't resend. Then it turns out that the message didn't do through after all. MADDENING!!! :mad:

It's cat and mouse. It's not the phone. It's the network. Sprint SMS is terrible.

I'll text my friend on his blackberry curve and we'll both get out of order messages and multiple messages. I asked him why. He said: "O, it said it didn't send so I sent it again".

So, don't worry about your phone. It's just Sprints network. And SMS is a dinosaur to begin with.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
when i send long messages (anything more than 4 lines) they turn up as jibberish on the other end... andbody else have this problem??

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
when i send long messages (anything more than 4 lines) they turn up as jibberish on the other end... andbody else have this problem??

Define jibberish. Assuming you mean "dhfsjdhf sjdfsjkdfh weiufhfasudfsd jsfdj djfa" or something similar: I haven't gotten any complaints about that.

mmaldin

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's happening on the other end and not yours? Is it happening to everyone you text?

It happens to the sender too, my wife, who uses a BB on our family plan when messaging me. She doesn't get failures between her and her friends, not sure who their carriers are. Interestingly, this has really started in the last week around the time of the GWK74 update. Any possible correlation?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It happens to the sender too, my wife, who uses a BB on our family plan when messaging me. She doesn't get failures between her and her friends, not sure who their carriers are. Interestingly, this has really started in the last week around the time of the GWK74 update. Any possible correlation?

I'm on Cm7 122 which is 2.3.5 right now. I do still have the new radio installed; however, before I flashed 2.3.7 with the new radio and was on the old radio I've always had this problem existing since 2.3.4.

Maybe they are on a different carrier. I haven't had this happen to me in the last couple of days. It's spotty. Which leads me to believe it's just the spotty network we pay for.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
i'm not sure wich networks they are on... all i know is it only happens with 4 or 5 lines of text, to stop it i just send my message every 3 or 4 lines.

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Also if you have air rave set up st home and you reset you phone under that coverage it screws things up.just reset outside and prl update and your done =)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
You can't go over 160 characters, lol.

Thanks CHUD.
the character count is just in regards to the gibberish that happens. the sending failures in general are just Sprint being Sprint though.

pretty sure CM7 has a setting in there that allows for longer texts to be sent.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
the character count is just in regards to the gibberish that happens. the sending failures in general are just Sprint being Sprint though.

pretty sure CM7 has a setting in there that allows for longer texts to be sent.

It does; but, it doesn't work. It works on MIUI but converts the message to MMS.

mmaldin

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Also if you have air rave set up st home and you reset you phone under that coverage it screws things up.just reset outside and prl update and your done =)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Wow, that could be it, I do have an air rave and did reset it. I will try that, thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance