Text message failures

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that could be it, I do have an air rave and did reset it. I will try that, thanks!

I have my airave. It's been a headace. I'm about to send it back to them even though I got it for free. Turn on roam control and tell them to fix my service in my area or eat the big one.

There's no reason why I should get 3 bars of service at all surrounding neighbors houses in a complete radius; yet, get none at mine.

feoysolo

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have my airave. It's been a headace. I'm about to send it back to them even though I got it for free. Turn on roam control and tell them to fix my service in my area or eat the big one.

There's no reason why I should get 3 bars of service at all surrounding neighbors houses in a complete radius; yet, get none at mine.

Same here.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I read your post about your airave. I have not experienced the problems that you have had. I am on my second unit, the current one is an Airvana. Excellent voice and data connections. Comcast is my ISP, btw. Perhaps you should ask to exchange it for another?

I'll see what happens after I configure it around differently when I get a chance. See if I can get it to work. Doubt it though. Mine too is an Airvana.

I'll try getting a different one if all else fails.

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If your using anything other that stock SMS applications there is a settings in the app that tells it to split large messages (over 160 characters), check that box and it will fix that jibberish problem.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
If your using anything other that stock SMS applications there is a settings in the app that tells it to split large messages (over 160 characters), check that box and it will fix that jibberish problem.

i found and did that earlier today... so far so good! thank you!

amcfar1974

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Why can't I send a MMS message with a photo attached. Text via MMS works fine. But when I send with a photo attached it just indicates "Sending" and it never gets sent. I usually end up sending the photo via email. Any suggestions????

Leeetha

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

That didn't work on mine. I had to go back to the stock messaging app to stop the problem after Sprint tech support destroyed my phone. Now sometimes we get messages and sometimes we don't.

We have the same problem with Voxer...sometimes receiving messages and sometimes not. I assume that this is a Sprint issue as well. :mad:

Leeetha

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Why can't I send a MMS message with a photo attached. Text via MMS works fine. But when I send with a photo attached it just indicates "Sending" and it never gets sent. I usually end up sending the photo via email. Any suggestions????

We were having that problem. We couldn't send or receive MMS, but Sprint tech support in the store, after they destroyed my phone, was able to fix that one problem...

losino

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I occasionally have this issue. I'll type a txt out. Hit send and then I look back t my phone and realized it hasn't been sent. Its quite annoying but it only happens occasionally so I learned to live with it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk