How long until we get ICS after it's revealed?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have an estimated time frame of when we should see ICS on our Nexus S devices after it's unveiled on Tuesday? How long did it take for the Nexus One to get Gingerbread after it was unveiled? I was wondering because I'm really tempted and wanting to switch back to my Nexus S from my HTC Arrive Windows Phone, but want to wait until the UI becomes hardware accelerated (if it does).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't think it would take too long... Its probably already done and ready to go, just a matter of when they plan on sending it out....

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If its supposed to debute on the new Droid Prime or whatever its called from Verizon then it has to release there first then it will filter down to the Nexus S/NS4G.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I mainly stated that seeing how Verizon is the only one to actually acknowledge the Droid Prime and it debuting with ICS that it would most likely end up there first and then onto the other devices as they release or update the older models.

Hopefully the upcoming event will help clear the air on what is happening and when.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I mainly stated that seeing how Verizon is the only one to actually acknowledge the Droid Prime and it debuting with ICS that it would most likely end up there first and then onto the other devices as they release or update the older models.

Hopefully the upcoming event will help clear the air on what is happening and when.

I would like the see a carrier wide release. Simultaneously.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I think we would all like to see that Blackhawk.

All I know is that is my next move as long as Sprint is picking up the new Nexus. Then again the wife hasn't been all that pleased with Sprint as of late so who know... Maybe Verizon is a possibility too..... Time will tell...

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Seeing how long the original Nexus took to get Gingerbread, I wouldn't expect us to get it for a few months after the Prime is released.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Speculation, speculation... Hopefully we will hear some answers next week.... Until we see the new line of Nexus come out I wouldn't even worry about it because I'm sure they will see it before its filtered down to the older Nexus lines.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Nexus S release: December 16, 2010
Nexus One Gingerbread update: February 22, 2011

So don't get your hopes up for an immediate Nexus S ICS update. Luckily there will probably be AOSP ROMs compiled from source long before the official update rolls out.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Speculation, speculation... Hopefully we will hear some answers next week.... Until we see the new line of Nexus come out I wouldn't even worry about it because I'm sure they will see it before its filtered down to the older Nexus lines.

I know we'll get it. I'm actually curious to see hoe long the nexus one goes if it gets ics.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
man those videos have me stoked for ICS now....it looks like they might have truly achieved hardware acceleration. the question is...how well will it run on the single core Nexus S because they said hardware acceleration needed dual-core....hmmm.

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Nexus S release: December 16, 2010
Nexus One Gingerbread update: February 22, 2011

So don't get your hopes up for an immediate Nexus S ICS update. Luckily there will probably be AOSP ROMs compiled from source long before the official update rolls out.

Yup, they have to have an incentive for people to upgrade which is why the Nexus S won't get it for a few months after. No big deal as like you said we will have ROMs.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
man those videos have me stoked for ICS now....it looks like they might have truly achieved hardware acceleration. the question is...how well will it run on the single core Nexus S because they said hardware acceleration needed dual-core....hmmm.

I thought that was for voice search? O wait. Wrong phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power