ICS,virtual buttons, and Nexus S

notakook

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So with ICS doing away with physical buttons, but the Nexus still having physical button, is ICS going to be smart enough to know it doesn't have to show the virtual buttons? Cause if would kinda suck having virtual buttons sitting on top of physical buttons taking up screen real estate. I'm hoping it doesn't show the virtual buttons when they aren't needed. :/

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So with ICS doing away with physical buttons, but the Nexus still having physical button, is ICS going to be smart enough to know it doesn't have to show the virtual buttons? Cause if would kinda suck having virtual buttons sitting on top of physical buttons taking up screen real estate. I'm hoping it doesn't show the virtual buttons when they aren't needed. :/

I posted in another thread of mine. I really hope that the virtual buttons are either not in the nexus s version of ics since we have real buttons. Would make sense to just leave the real buttons on a phone with them then to turn them off like they aren't there.

But as someone previously mentioned in the past on this site. The reason they believed they were so dull dark and blacked out was to do exactly that and then them off for ics.

If they virtual buttons are there I hope they are hideable and don't take my my screen Space. It's limited as it is.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I would suspect that all of the other phones that receive the ICS update will have a different version that accommodates the capacitive buttons we have.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would suspect that all of the other phones that receive the ICS update will have a different version that accommodates the capacitive buttons we have.

They would have to. Image how little screen the Nexus One users would have left with soft buttons on their 3.7" screen :eek:

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I just played with a Nexus S with ICS on it. The buttons work, but the popups when you hold the buttons down are different.

The virtual tray is there too. Remember, we kinda have that now in Gingerbread. The new buttons take the place of the phone, apps, browser panel.

Incredible OS, even in unfinished form.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv