Browser lag - is it my hardware?

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I need some Nexus S 4G help.

I've seen posted browser comparisons on the internet between various phones and when they show the Nexus is seems quite peppy.

My browser, when on a strong wifi signal. Loads to about half-way almost instantly. Then creeps, then creeps and then the last quarter inch of the loading bar goes sooooo sloooow. It takes quite a few seconds for the page to release so I can start scrolling it.

Is this hardware of software. I've taken it to a Sprint store and first they said it was the settings, then then a software update but it's still the same. Would a phone swap help. It does seem the display model is much quicker to load completely compared to mine.

How do I push the issue. It's so bad I hate even using my browser. My old Evo was much faster than this.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Try
1) clearing the browser cache
2) reboot the phone
3) install Opera Mobile browser from the market

Opera has compatibility issues with some web pages, but overall should give you faster loading, scrolling and pinch-to-zoom compared to stock browser.

The real solution to your problem, of course, will be Android 4.0

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ive had the lag with Dolphin, Opera, Bolt and the stock browser. I use dolphin and have just come to accept it for what it is. It is waaaay bettter than my EVO ever was, though, so, there is that! :)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive had the lag with Dolphin, Opera, Bolt and the stock browser. I use dolphin and have just come to accept it for what it is. It is waaaay bettter than my EVO ever was, though, so, there is that! :)

It's definitely software though; because, when your on WiFi that lag goes away, lol. They need to do a better job with the browser. I hope that code that was added into chromium for Android somehow was a hint that Chrome will be in ICS: or, the door will open for someone to make it for Android. :)

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have that too specially if browser or other app is loading images. Google reader does that as well. Very annoying. I think it has to do with lack of hardware acceleration which of course should be fixed with ICS

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have that too specially if browser or other app is loading images. Google reader does that as well. Very annoying. I think it has to do with lack of hardware acceleration which of course should be fixed with ICS

I've never had this problem with Google Reader. The older version was a bit laggy; but, that was on start up.

I'm using dolphin right and even Facebook mobile site doesn't lag when loading up.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
i think i tracked it down to websites or articles that have many images in them. thats when i get the lag. If i browse normal sites it loads and smooth