Usually FB only uses about 4% of my battery. Today it was at 81%! I signed out and tried to force close and none of that worked. Finally I just uninstalled FB and everything went back to normal for battery.

The only thing that I did with FB is upload a picture from the phone.

I want FB on my phone, but I want to know how to keep it from using that much battery?

I'm on stock on my phone and I do not want to root. Any suggestions please?
    10-10-2011 12:57 PM
    GPS runs every time you launch the app. 40mb of ram used in the background. Who knows what it's doing back there. You better off without it. The only thing you'll lose is chat the the ability to upload photos to an album other than mobile uploads.

Don't even mess with the messenger app. 25mb of ram. Seriously!

The only thing that even runs close to or higher than that is Google Voice when it is integrated with Sprint and IS your phone service. Nothing else runs that high. Atrocious app.
    10-10-2011 01:22 PM
    rooting a nexus s 4g actually improves battery life and speed to your phone in the case of your facebook killing your battery it doesnt on mine and mine is rooted and modded with cm7 with my own modifications and what u are doing i can tell u u must be running more then just that app just honest opinion and im not trying to be mean to u but honest truth its better to root and mod it
    10-10-2011 01:33 PM
    Thanks for the advice.

I have maybe 4 or 5 apps. Like Twitter, news apps (MSNBC, local news), words with friends, nfl app, and a live background I downloaded. I am constantly checking my battery and usually the display is using the most juice. So that is why I was shocked to see FB jump that high.

I am clusmy and too scared to root, worried I'll brick my phone. I know there is a step by step, and I am sure a child can do it, but with my luck...I'll brick it.

I'll just use FB through the browser. anyone I need to chat with, I can text.
    10-10-2011 01:58 PM
    Delete Facebook App and install Google plus lol
    Cat Eyez Honey likes this.
    10-10-2011 02:49 PM
    Download friendcaster and try that instead. A lot of people prefer that for their facebook app rather than the actual official fbook app itself.
    10-10-2011 03:38 PM
    Download Tweet deck, its the best app for twitter and facebook it integrates both in a great way.
    10-10-2011 04:37 PM
    Download Tweet deck, its the best app for twitter and facebook it integrates both in a great way.
    I prefer seesmic; but, you don't get messaging or picture upload on either of those. You can post a picture to facebook; but, it does so in the same fashion as twitter.
    10-10-2011 04:59 PM
    I deleted it a few updates ago, I couldn't be happier. I just use the browser version.
    10-10-2011 06:02 PM
    Usually FB only uses about 4% of my battery. Today it was at 81%! I signed out and tried to force close and none of that worked. Finally I just uninstalled FB and everything went back to normal for battery.

The only thing that I did with FB is upload a picture from the phone.

I want FB on my phone, but I want to know how to keep it from using that much battery?

I'm on stock on my phone and I do not want to root. Any suggestions please?
    Take a screenshot of your battery usage and the app usage next time
    10-11-2011 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD