Installing Apps via PC

jcomito

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus S 4G!

I'm deployed to Afghanistan right now, so there isn't really much I can do with the phone. It's not even activated right now because of the military hold on my account, and of course no service.

We do have WiFi, but it's really slow.

I'd like to play with the phone, maybe install some games, and various apps. I'd like to be able to get the apps on my computer and move them to the phone. Is this possible?

I'm not planning on rooting the phone yet. Maybe in the future once I get home. This is my first "smartphone" but I do use Linux quite a bit, and I enjoy fooling around with my gadgets.

Thanks!

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Installing apps is fairly easy, you just copy them over to your SD card and fire off the APK with like Astro or something from the phone.

The challenge is getting the applications in their APK version in the first place. Some of the popular apps you can probably just Google like "download <app name> apk" and find them but there isn't a good src that I know of to get those, other than the Android Market.

thanks for your service man and welcome to the forums.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could always try like AppBrain or other 3rd party-Android Market related sites and see if you can download them to PC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power