wife got an iPhone 4s

mmaldin

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been playing with it since it arrived on Friday and I am really surprised. I was expecting something special but have decided that Android OS is in my opinion more intuitive and easier to use. The only advantages I will give the iPhone is the accuracy of the keyboard and perhaps the screen resolution is a little better(but small 3.5" screen, 4" Nexus is perfect). But the android software is better, and we aren't even on ICS yet. I have shown my wife how to navigate around my nexus and she agrees that the software is easier to use and more logical. Anyway, the hype around Apple and the iPhone is is unwarranted. It's just another good device, there are many, but it has great marketing behind it. I appreciate my Nexus and Android even more now.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been playing with it since it arrived on Friday and I am really surprised. I was expecting something special but have decided that Android OS is in my opinion more intuitive and easier to use. The only advantages I will give the iPhone is the accuracy of the keyboard and perhaps the screen resolution is a little better(but small 3.5" screen, 4" Nexus is perfect). But the android software is better, and we aren't even on ICS yet. I have shown my wife how to navigate around my nexus and she agrees that the software is easier to use and more logical. Anyway, the hype around Apple and the iPhone is is unwarranted. It's just another good device, there are many, but it has great marketing behind it. I appreciate my Nexus and Android even more now.

If you shrunk your screen to the same size your resolution would be just as good if not better.

Was talking to a lady at work who said her nephew just switched from a droid to an iPhone 4s. She said he was so busy wondering around the house using voice commands like it was the coolest thing showing off to her. I showed her the voice commands on the Nexus and she was like wait... so why did he need to get a new phone like this was something new? I'm like I don't know. She goes well what's the difference? I said: It's prettied up.

Reactions: CarrieK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It is so crazy. They even did several local news stories about the iPhone coming to Sprint. While it is a nice phone, I simply don't understand why such a fuss is being made about it. I would be bored in 5 minutes. At work I have noticed that more people in management have iPhones and the more technical people (like those of us in the IT shop) have Android. To each his own.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It is so crazy. They even did several local news stories about the iPhone coming to Sprint. While it is a nice phone, I simply don't understand why such a fuss is being made about it. I would be bored in 5 minutes. At work I have noticed that more people in management have iPhones and the more technical people (like those of us in the IT shop) have Android. To each his own.

That's funny. They all got iPhones here too. Its just the advertismemt really.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
To me, Apple's philosophy seems to be: Lowest common denominator / "smartphones for dummies"

Like I always say. Big shiny buttons for stupid people. "The cow says: Mooo".

The UI is like a training smartphone. For people who don't know how to use technology and need to learn on simple easy graphical things that explain to them what they do.

I'm gonna make a theme that looks like it's terminal. Just black background with green words to click on. Confuse iPhone users.

But then there are people like my one friend. No business liking the iPhone. Loves Linux. Hates Mac. Loves his iPhone. I can't understand it. I think he's more or less just stubborn and doesn't want to buy a new phone till he has to. He was hinting at getting an Android in like 6 months when he's back from Afgan and his contracts up.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
There are no high-end Android phones the size of the iPhone. While my phone has some nice features, my wife's new iPhone crushes it in screen quality, processor, camera, and body construction. And it's smaller.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I think that the iPhone's incorporation of multi-tasking, notifications, weather widget (the only widget I consistently use on my Nexus), and Siri, the two OS's are converging in functionality. I may make the switch to iOS for the sake of consistency with my iPad, and don't really see what would be missing....except for the ability to impress the folks at McDonald's and CVS with the ability to pay by swiping my Nexus. :)

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
After winning myself an iPad, I got my son the new iPhone (yes the 4s on Sprint). . .
The iPad has made me enjoy a few things, the continuity that Apple has from device to device and how every thing just works. It's simple and fun to be able to text and FaceTime from my iPad to my son. I have to say I even love it!
HOWEVER, there is one other thing it has made me love. My Nexus S 4G! Why? Because its rooted and I can tether my 4G speeds to my iPad! I could not have an iPhone as my main device. Yes, fun and easy to use but not nearly as customizable as my Nexus, which is in some cases and places, the only way I can use my iPad! The home screens on android is much more my style. . . Ha! It's all my style because you can do that on android and not on iOS.
Now that ICS and the Galaxy Nexus have been announced, that will be my next device. Presuming its comes to Srpint! And I hope it does!

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
After winning myself an iPad, I got my son the new iPhone (yes the 4s on Sprint). . .
The iPad has made me enjoy a few things, the continuity that Apple has from device to device and how every thing just works. It's simple and fun to be able to text and FaceTime from my iPad to my son. I have to say I even love it!
HOWEVER, there is one other thing it has made me love. My Nexus S 4G! Why? Because its rooted and I can tether my 4G speeds to my iPad! I could not have an iPhone as my main device. Yes, fun and easy to use but not nearly as customizable as my Nexus, which is in some cases and places, the only way I can use my iPad! The home screens on android is much more my style. . . Ha! It's all my style because you can do that on android and not on iOS.
Now that ICS and the Galaxy Nexus have been announced, that will be my next device. Presuming its comes to Srpint! And I hope it does!

I agree 100%. i own an ipad, imac, atv, wife has iphone4, and two or three ipods.......just can't have an iphone as my main device. I am too google integrated any way. It wouldn't make sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the iPhone is great... for some people. I am not that person. I love to mess with my phone too much. If I wanted just a standard smart phone, I'd probably head that way. I think it's great for beginners or people who don't care about customization. I went in BB about the cracked screen on my Nexus and they tried to talk me into the iPhone. The salesperson looked shocked when I said Hell no. lol

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the thing many people seem to be forgetting here is that they are comparing the brand new iPhone 4s (10/14/11) to the Nexus S (12/16/10). That's like comparing the Original Droid to the Atrix 4g (I know this is a slight exaggeration). My point being it's not a fair comparison due to the constant evolution of software and hardware. Wait until next month when you can compare the brand new 4s to a brand new Galaxy Nexus.. Apple Flagship to Google Flagship, otherwise we're just stating that a newer phone is slightly better than an old phone.

However reading some people saying that the Nexus S is still better than the new iPhone in several aspects is more-or-less a commentary about Apple's lack of innovation. Good thing they can shine and polish the heck out of year old hardware and innovations I guess...

Then again the assistant at my physical therapy was telling me today that her husband "Just bought an iPhone 4s OFF CONTRACT because he needed to sync his email with his phone, and since he just got a Mac there was no way to sync a web based email to any smartphone without it also being an Apple product." So maybe the "lowest common denominator" theory holds weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair