Just a few days ago the Nexus s 4g from Sprint at bestbuy.com was $0.00 with a 2 years contract and $29.99 @ sprint with a 2 year contract. Now after the Galaxy Nexus announcement, I assume isn't coming to Sprint, I go to check their sites. Now both have the Nexus s 4G as $99.99 wtf is that!
    10-19-2011 01:43 AM
    Just a few days ago the Nexus s 4g from Sprint at bestbuy.com was $0.00 with a 2 years contract and $29.99 @ sprint with a 2 year contract. Now after the Galaxy Nexus announcement, I assume isn't coming to Sprint, I go to check their sites. Now both have the Nexus s 4G as $99.99 wtf is that!
    It has nothing to do with the new Nexus. They've made it $0 a few times before and then later raised the price again. I got mine a month and a half ago for $0 and it was a 1-day sale. Since then it's been $99 until recently when it hit $0 for a short sale again.
    10-19-2011 01:50 AM
    I doubt Sprint gets left out. The Sprint X Samsugn relationship has been fruitful for both. If anything, Verizon probably had some sort of agreement that will allow them to release it first.
    10-19-2011 01:58 AM
    I doubt Sprint gets left out. The Sprint X Samsugn relationship has been fruitful for both. If anything, Verizon probably had some sort of agreement that will allow them to release it first.
    I hope you are right sir! Please be right !O_O!
    10-19-2011 02:03 AM
    I can almost guarantee the Galaxy Nexus isn't coming to Sprint. Google's announcement said it's LTE/HSPA+. Sprint has neither. They won't get LTE for at least 1, maybe 2 years. By then the Galaxy Nexus will be last year's news.
    10-19-2011 02:16 AM
    I can almost guarantee the Galaxy Nexus isn't coming to Sprint. Google's announcement said it's LTE/HSPA+. Sprint has neither. They won't get LTE for at least 1, maybe 2 years. By then the Galaxy Nexus will be last year's news.
    Sprint is suppose to start selling LTE phones in Q2-Q3 of 2012. I have a hunch that is when we'll see the Galaxy Nexus. No need to waste time with a Wimax version, just wait until Sprint is ready to launch LTE phones.
    10-19-2011 02:32 AM
    So what you guys suggest? wait for the galaxy nexus to come to sprint? or just upgrade to nexus s 4g or sgs2 epic touch 4g? I just want a phone that can do the basics and play all games :o
    10-19-2011 04:21 AM
    You can wait, but I'm guessing you'll keep waiting for awhile... About the price, it was raised to $99 before the GN announcement at BB. I was in there over the weekend and it was increased.
    10-19-2011 07:58 AM
    Go on Craigs List, buy one for $150, put insurance on it to be sure its okay, then you can drop.

Save your upgrade for LTE - I have 5 phones, all expiring next summer, and my last premier upgrade
    by the end of June. I'm buying nothing on contract/upgrades/whatever that is 4G. I'm sick of paying for it, we don't have it, won't have it, and now all our phones won't work on LTE whenever it comes out.

So I am upgrading my last 2 to Nexus S 4g and will be happy and wait till the next one comes out.

Do the same, buy right and you can sell right until then, whenever and whatever then is.
    Lucki likes this.
    10-19-2011 08:31 AM
    Oh, and ps on the price game. I was going to upgrade one of my phones with contract, went to Sprint store, got 2 different prices then Best Buy was the 3rd.

This is why I'm getting out of the contract game and just use their service - the salesman, pricing, and contracts drive me nuts!
    10-19-2011 08:32 AM
    I'm just thinking waiting but buying a nexus s 4 off contrac ont craigslist or ebay. I am stuck with a plam pre, wifi doesn't work and battery dies in about 3 -4 hrs smh... Hopefully galaxy nexus comes to sprint with LTE but can't use LTE until their towers are up mid next year. We shall see!
    10-19-2011 10:43 PM
    I don't think the "Sprint store" was really a Sprint store. I work at a corporate store and it was $49.99 up until Sunday. And no the price change has nothing to do with the GNexus announcement.

No it will come, but not until LTE.

Sprint is suppose to start selling LTE phones in Q2-Q3 of 2012. I have a hunch that is when we'll see the Galaxy Nexus. No need to waste time with a Wimax version, just wait until Sprint is ready to launch LTE phones.
    Correct

So what you guys suggest? wait for the galaxy nexus to come to sprint? or just upgrade to nexus s 4g or sgs2 epic touch 4g? I just want a phone that can do the basics and play all games :o
    If you can afford it, get the SGSII. Best phone on Sprint easily.
    10-19-2011 11:46 PM
    I do not want to use my contract for the SGS II and then not get any updates after ICS. That is why I want a pure android phone.
    10-20-2011 03:22 AM
    Just my opinion, but this comment doesn't make too much sense based off past experience. Example... The Nexus S was a GSM phone... Samsung specifically made it CDMA and added 4G just for Sprint. So who knows what they are planning, but I think just simply ruling out the G Nexus because it is initially being released as an LTE phone is presumptuous.
    10-20-2011 08:36 AM
    Just my opinion, but this comment doesn't make too much sense based off past experience. Example... The Nexus S was a GSM phone... Samsung specifically made it CDMA and added 4G just for Sprint. So who knows what they are planning, but I think just simply ruling out the G Nexus because it is initially being released as an LTE phone is presumptuous.
    Actually it does. Remember they passed on the Nexus One (and Google actually built a CDMA version) and instead did the Evo? By the time Sprint has LTE, there will be another Nexus phone about ready to release. There's one every year. Also, Sprint's Nexus S came out just under 5 months after T-Mobile's and Sprint's LTE won't even be in 50% of their WiMax markets in 5-6 months, so almost no one would be able to use the Galaxy Nexus with LTE.
    10-20-2011 10:43 AM
    May 2012, just like the Nexus S was May 2011.

Not having having WiMax in more than a few markets didn't stop them from releasing the EVO with WiMax back in 2010 so why would you expect anything differently with their LTE rollout?
    10-20-2011 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD