10-22-2011 04:54 PM
37 12
tools
    Hey do any of you guys know if ICS will bring screen shot capabilities with out rooting?
    10-20-2011 12:18 PM
    Hey do any of you guys know if ICS will bring screen shot capabilities with out rooting?
    Volume down + power was shown in the demo as part of the OS.
    10-20-2011 12:19 PM
    Was there any word on the Nexus One? I'm interested to see more or less if it will get ICS officially, lol. That could give us a little better guess on how long we'll last if we decide to keep our phones a little longer than even next year; or, people looking for a good deal on these free Nexus S they give away like hot cakes, lol.
    10-20-2011 05:11 PM
    Was there any word on the Nexus One?
    Engadget asked:

"Update: We also asked about whether the Nexus One is getting some ICS love, but there's no clear plan just yet."
    10-20-2011 05:16 PM
    Engadget asked:

"Update: We also asked about whether the Nexus One is getting some ICS love, but there's no clear plan just yet."
    Well it wasn't a no, lol.
    10-20-2011 05:21 PM
    Well it wasn't a no, lol.
    I know. And I'm sure the AOSP will get on there, but I'm not convinced the official release will ever happen.

Google is supporting an 18 month program for Android, and honestly, I support that 100% from an innovation and development standpoint.

The Nexus One came out in Jan 2010, or 20 months ago. I really don't think folks who own one should be too upset if it doesn't get an official ICS release, though I understand attachment to devices.

Our problem (Sprint Nexus S folks, that is) stems from the fact that our phones are 6 months behind the regular Nexus cycle. It looks like the Galaxy Nexus will fall into the same boat (and I don't fault them - I want my next phone to be an LTE phone, not a WiMax phone for longevity sake) but where does that leave us next year? Does the shift to LTE move us back to the regular cycle (Nov/Dec 2012) with the Nexus 4? Will Sprint always be on the Spring cycle for the Nexus?

These unanswered questions will make a big difference in my move to the Galaxy Nexus or holding out, and I wish Sprint would help us out a bit.
    Lucki likes this.
    10-20-2011 05:53 PM
    I know. And I'm sure the AOSP will get on there, but I'm not convinced the official release will ever happen.

Google is supporting an 18 month program for Android, and honestly, I support that 100% from an innovation and development standpoint.

The Nexus One came out in Jan 2010, or 20 months ago. I really don't think folks who own one should be too upset if it doesn't get an official ICS release, though I understand attachment to devices.

Our problem (Sprint Nexus S folks, that is) stems from the fact that our phones are 6 months behind the regular Nexus cycle. It looks like the Galaxy Nexus will fall into the same boat (and I don't fault them - I want my next phone to be an LTE phone, not a WiMax phone for longevity sake) but where does that leave us next year? Does the shift to LTE move us back to the regular cycle (Nov/Dec 2012) with the Nexus 4? Will Sprint always be on the Spring cycle for the Nexus?

These unanswered questions will make a big difference in my move to the Galaxy Nexus or holding out, and I wish Sprint would help us out a bit.
    I got my yearly upgrade in Feb last year right before they switched to 2 year only. I was able to use it in the Spring, obviously, for the Nexus S. I have my 2 year upgrade this December. I for one am waiting until Dec 2012 for the next Nexus. This will hopefully be on Sprints new LTE network they should have partially out by 2013. If it's not I'm out of contract that Spring and will be rolling myself out for an LTE Network. (Maybe). And, with what looks to be a wildly unified released on multiple carriers this time around would mean next year's nexus won't be behind for anyone, either, and that 18 months is perfect.So, I'm even though we're behind on this Nexus.

The 18 months was just for the manufacturers though wasn't it? Doesn't mean Google needs to follow it. . I'm sure they could throw it together real quick; but, I'd much rather have a new phone every 2 years anyways and have Google focusing on only 2 phones instead of 3. This way you have more attention to stability on your phone.

And, now, with all major carriers; and, what appears to be more: that's a lot more tweaks here and there for each carrier specific device which needs concentrating on. Let's just hope they all release simultaneously. I personally thing with good reason Sprint will be out on first release just because of their partnership with Google as of late. I think the Spring release this time around was-because it wasn't expected for the original release of the Nexus S. And after thought seeing how good the Evo and Epic did for them.
    10-20-2011 06:05 PM
    I got my yearly upgrade in Feb last year right before they switched to 2 year only. I was able to use it in the Spring, obviously, for the Nexus S. I have my 2 year upgrade this December. I for one am waiting until Dec 2012 for the next Nexus. This will hopefully be on Sprints new LTE network they should have partially out by 2013. If it's not I'm out of contract that Spring and will be rolling myself out for an LTE Network.
    Just a question here: I see people say this a lot, but what use is LTE if it has limited data? You know how fast you'll use up your 2GB on Verizon LTE?
    10-21-2011 12:31 PM
    Just a question here: I see people say this a lot, but what use is LTE if it has limited data? You know how fast you'll use up your 2GB on Verizon LTE?
    I'm good with 5gb. I'll pay a little more ;but, I'll get a little more.
    10-21-2011 12:59 PM
    2gb goes quick...
    10-22-2011 04:11 AM
    Like someone already said as soon as the source drops for ICS we'll have ROMS out the a-hole all over the place. so when the nexus prime launches we'll have ICS for our nexus's
    10-22-2011 08:15 AM
    Too excited about ICS on my NS4G!!!
    10-22-2011 04:54 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD