How do I sync photos automatically with Picassa, if possible?

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I know that you can sync your account with Picassa by going through the menu, but I am looking if it will automatically upload pictures I have just taken, without having to go through gallery > share> Picassa upload.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Use google+ app it will upload all your photos you take for you instantly if you enable that option. It also creates a barrier with the photos you take in case you take a photo by mistake it has a private album that only you can see.

Reactions: skidmark

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Use google+ app it will upload all your photos you take for you instantly if you enable that option. It also creates a barrier with the photos you take in case you take a photo by mistake it has a private album that only you can see.

Thanks, that is exactly what I am looking for.

1) Have you noticed if it drains more battery (ie out of signal range)?

2) Is it easy to move around the pictures online once they are uploaded to G+ (ie moving pictures into PIcassa and into specific folders)?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

2) Is it easy to move around the pictures online once they are uploaded to G+ (ie moving pictures into PIcassa and into specific folders)?

You can make albums. You can't delete albums. You can't move pictures. The only thing you'll be able to do more than the mobile site is delete photos. This really bothers me. Now with the photos link in the google homepage nav bar directing you to google+ I don't think we'll ever have a dedicated photos app. Just google+.

But hey, everything else Google doesn't have delete options, for the most part, on mobile. So that's one up.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

1. G+ has settings to upload only over WiFi, only while charging, etc. - recommended to use one of those to prevent it from instantly uploading every single picture the moment you take it.

2. An Instant Upload album is created in Picasa

You can make albums. You can't delete albums. You can't move pictures. The only thing you'll be able to do more than the mobile site is delete photos. This really bothers me. Now with the photos link in the google homepage nav bar directing you to google+ I don't think we'll ever have a dedicated photos app. Just google+.

But hey, everything else Google doesn't have delete options, for the most part, on mobile. So that's one up.

Your Instant Upload album is also available on Picasa, so through that, yes it's very easy to manage and re-arrange how you wish

Reactions: skidmark

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
1. G+ has settings to upload only over WiFi, only while charging, etc. - recommended to use one of those to prevent it from instantly uploading every single picture the moment you take it.

2. An Instant Upload album is created in Picasa

Your Instant Upload album is also available on Picasa, so through that, yes it's very easy to manage and re-arrange how you wish

This may be the best thing about g+ :)