what is wrong with my nexus??

chopper5273

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
My nexus S has a problem. After the phone has been sitting and I unlock the screen the volume up and down bar appears and the ringer volume goes up and down and to vibrate without me touching any buttons. It's like it is possessed. When I try to turn the volume up it turns it down and starts vibrating. After pushing the home button it will stop and may not do it again for a few hours. This has happened over five times now. I've turned the phone off and on and it still does it, but not with reptition like and app is doing it, it happens so random. Any ideas??

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My nexus S has a problem. After the phone has been sitting and I unlock the screen the volume up and down bar appears and the ringer volume goes up and down and to vibrate without me touching any buttons. It's like it is possessed. When I try to turn the volume up it turns it down and starts vibrating. After pushing the home button it will stop and may not do it again for a few hours. This has happened over five times now. I've turned the phone off and on and it still does it, but not with reptition like and app is doing it, it happens so random. Any ideas??

Weird. Never seen this. You turned the phone off and on; but, did you pull the battery? If that doesn't work and everything still is funky the only thing I can suggest is a factory reset. Unless someone else here has more suggestions. I've never seen this.

Before any of that, even if you don't think it's an app try uninstalling some you think might be doing it or your recently new added apps.

chopper5273

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
that's not good that you never heard of this. I was hoping I had a simple problem. I have not tried pulling the battery, I will try that, although I don't how that will stop it, but I'll try whatever it takes.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
that's not good that you never heard of this. I was hoping I had a simple problem. I have not tried pulling the battery, I will try that, although I don't how that will stop it, but I'll try whatever it takes.

Maybe someone else has; but, I haven't so not much more I can tell you than that. Battery pulls are weird like that. Sometimes they fix random things, lol.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
If the battery pull doesn't work, it's probably your actual buttons going bad (or rather, the sensor that actually sends the command)

chopper5273

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
thats a great point. i don't think the buttons is bad, but I wonder if in my pocket the volume button gets pushed down and held. and when I unlock the phone it actually makes the command happen, you know like when your computer freezes up and your typing and then spits out alll the junk you typed once it catches up.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
thats a great point. i don't think the buttons is bad, but I wonder if in my pocket the volume button gets pushed down and held. and when I unlock the phone it actually makes the command happen, you know like when your computer freezes up and your typing and then spits out alll the junk you typed once it catches up.

Possibly.. but unlikely. If it's something that eventually stops, it's probably more software than hardware - factory reset may be necessary

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
The battery pull releases all electrical currents in the phone, kind of like shutting your computer down and letting it set rather than reboot. It gives it a rest in layman terms.

You didn't mention if you were stock or rooted with flashed rom. If on custom or rooted rom, I would also suggest you pull battery, then reflash the rom, it could've done something funky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech