so right now i am using the photon, i get to change phones all the time. But im going back to my nexus for ICS and was curious will the NS4G have high def video recording since it is supported in ICS. Thanks
    10-27-2011 01:53 PM
    While there's not consensus on the issue, by most accounts it appears to be a hardware issue and not a software issue:

Nexus S and Galaxy S camera modules comparison - xda-developers

I guess we'll know for sure soon, but I'm leaning HEAVILY towards no.
    10-27-2011 05:05 PM
    ohh well, still switching back lol
    10-27-2011 05:49 PM
    While there's not consensus on the issue, by most accounts it appears to be a hardware issue and not a software issue:

Nexus S and Galaxy S camera modules comparison - xda-developers

I guess we'll know for sure soon, but I'm leaning HEAVILY towards no.
    1. You're comparing the Nexus S to the Galaxy S. The Galaxy S would be the original Epic. Not even close to the Galaxy Nexus.

2. Resolution is actually software, not hardware. If the chipset supports it, high-def recording can be added. I would almost certainly bank on the Nexus S getting HD recording with ICS
    10-28-2011 01:22 AM
    1. You're comparing the Nexus S to the Galaxy S. The Galaxy S would be the original Epic. Not even close to the Galaxy Nexus.

2. Resolution is actually software, not hardware. If the chipset supports it, high-def recording can be added. I would almost certainly bank on the Nexus S getting HD recording with ICS
    Actually, I was just linking to thread that happened to be showing why the Galaxy S can and the Nexus S can't - I compared nothing.

However, in that thread, it speaks to hardware limitations on the Nexus S (which is repeated often in XDA threads):

"It can't be done in real time without the hardware [sic] encoder. The phone simply doesn't have a fast [sic] enough processor to software encode HD."

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks...
    10-28-2011 01:27 PM
    Actually, I was just linking to thread that happened to be showing why the Galaxy S can and the Nexus S can't - I compared nothing.

However, in that thread, it speaks to hardware limitations on the Nexus S (which is repeated often in XDA threads):

"It can't be done in real time without the hardware [sic] encoder. The phone simply doesn't have a fast [sic] enough processor to software encode HD."

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks...
    1. The OP can't even write grammatically correct English.

2. Every other post in that thread says it's software-controlled

3. Explain why they added 720p recording to multiple devices in updates, including my own Droid Incredible
    10-29-2011 11:21 PM
    1. The OP can't even write grammatically correct English.

2. Every other post in that thread says it's software-controlled

3. Explain why they added 720p recording to multiple devices in updates, including my own Droid Incredible
    what the does my grammatically correct english have to do with the question?
    10-30-2011 12:16 PM
    what the does my grammatically correct english have to do with the question?
    Case in point ^

Lulz.
    10-31-2011 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD