Google Wallet is eating my Nexus S!

donfrench

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Google Wallet is responsible for 55-65% of the battery usage on my Nexus S and I don't even have NFC turned on. I do not use GW nor do I ever plan on using GW but it starts up every time I power on my Nexus S. It starts itself up again after killing it the first time but if I kill it a second time, it does seem to stay dead, at least until the next power off/on cycle. What is this energy hog doing and how can I get rid of it permanently?

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Google Wallet is responsible for 55-65% of the battery usage on my Nexus S and I don't even have NFC turned on. I do not use GW nor do I ever plan on using GW but it starts up every time I power on my Nexus S. It starts itself up again after killing it the first time but if I kill it a second time, it does seem to stay dead, at least until the next power off/on cycle. What is this energy hog doing and how can I get rid of it permanently?

Yeah I used to have that problem too, plus there was a thread on it as well. All you have to do is use the app once (set it up) and it'll go away. Plus! You get $10 free for it, I used it on Mcdonald'S for a free meal, everyone was amazed that I could buy food from my phone :D

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Yep, used Wallet at a CVS this afternoon and it shows under 1 minute of battery usage.

Set it up and forget about it, or get you free stuff then forget about it.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah definitely do this and lose all data etc instead of just signing into the app once to make it stop acting like an idiot.

Why do that when you get money free? If your taking this route, can you wire your $10 to me first? I wanna buy subway this time :-D

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Known issue. You just have to go into the app and set it up for the first time - all the way if you actually plan on using it, or if you never wanna use it, just get to the PIN screen and then back out of it. Then go into settings and uncheck Wallet sync under your Google account

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to actually set it up. Just uninstall it (the updates actually) reboot your phone and you should be good. Also make sure that you unchecked the automatic updates. I had this similar problem where my sync icon wouldn't go away, it was GW but them I did what I just advised you and it went away plus it stopped hogging my battery

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the Google Wallet. Lol, I used it at McDonalds and the cashier said, "Oh, is that the new iPhone?" :p Nvm that it looks nothing like the iPhone. I guess the general public just thinks that the iPhone is the only phone that does cool stuff...

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
hahaha CarrieK I actually really like GW too. I do have a problem using it at our work cafe though... guessing it's due to no service, but the free $10 got me started and the service will keep me using. lol

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually like the Google Wallet. Lol, I used it at McDonalds and the cashier said, "Oh, is that the new iPhone?" :p Nvm that it looks nothing like the iPhone. I guess the general public just thinks that the iPhone is the only phone that does cool stuff...

#iSheepFail

donfrench

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Known issue. You just have to go into the app and set it up for the first time - all the way if you actually plan on using it, or if you never wanna use it, just get to the PIN screen and then back out of it. Then go into settings and uncheck Wallet sync under your Google account

Ok, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781